Home

Where are all the Gamechangers at?

This is a discussion on Where are all the Gamechangers at? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2013, 03:14 AM   #9
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Where are all the Gamechangers at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10

And lastly - a big question: In your honest opinion, what do you think ANY community thinks about gamechangers, when the final product still consists of the same issues we've been asking to be fixed since NCAA 12?

If you can answer that honestly, and this goes for anyone, you'll have your answer of why I created this thread.
That depends. For this iteration, not *EVERYONE* is having problems. I am, of course, and I accept that. The Gamechangers encompass all of the sports titles. They most likely have jobs, families, and not as much time as the majority here. Do they absolutely have to tell you they told the developers that these are the problems and here are the solutions? Why can't they work in the background? I believe it was last year or the year before where a dev or two were ran out of the forums in either Madden or here because things were not "perfect".

I'm sure the GC'ers are perusing the forums and taking notes/passing said notes along. Not everything needs a OS stamp of approval to hit the dev's desk. Like I pointed out earlier, this place can indeed be toxic for anyone willing to help and get info on what is going on. Just look at the rosters subforum for proof of people (who aren't being paid) don't get something done "quick enough".

I would love a patch, but those take times. Both in making AND certification through Microsoft. These issues seem to not be just minor tuning, or we would have a tuner already. The Gamechangers are just a proxy, a recorder to play to the devs. I don't expect them to be here at our whim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanCam
I think most gamechangers have their own sites they deliver content to. Or are a part of other gamechangers sites.
Hell, they have their own main site, though many (and not all work with NCAA) have their own personal projects.

http://www.easports.com/gamechangers/bios
Old 07-26-2013, 03:20 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
That depends. For this iteration, not *EVERYONE* is having problems. I am, of course, and I accept that. The Gamechangers encompass all of the sports titles. They most likely have jobs, families, and not as much time as the majority here. Do they absolutely have to tell you they told the developers that these are the problems and here are the solutions? Why can't they work in the background? I believe it was last year or the year before where a dev or two were ran out of the forums in either Madden or here because things were not "perfect".

I'm sure the GC'ers are perusing the forums and taking notes/passing said notes along. Not everything needs a OS stamp of approval to hit the dev's desk. Like I pointed out earlier, this place can indeed be toxic for anyone willing to help and get info on what is going on. Just look at the rosters subforum for proof of people (who aren't being paid) don't get something done "quick enough".

I would love a patch, but those take times. Both in making AND certification through Microsoft. These issues seem to not be just minor tuning, or we would have a tuner already. The Gamechangers are just a proxy, a recorder to play to the devs. I don't expect them to be here at our whim.
Good post. I get it, man. And you're right - they do have lives and everything. It'd just be nice to hear something from someone that can - if that makes sense? I think the thread was created for the sake of proof of what a GC is - and yes I've applied myself - but honestly, I'm not sure I want to if it seems restrictions would prevent me dabbing in certain threads, etc.

I know you've mentioned patch - that's fine, I'm not really keen on it even though it's inevitable, but at some point we've got to get something regarding the core fundamentals of football right out of the box. The slider section shouldn't have multiple "theories" with no hope of resolution - this is where that anger occurs. I've kept pretty calm about it - and always trying to find a solution, but some guys out there can't be helped - especially the OD guys, and I'm not even an online player - but I feel for them.

I just think in a community we need to be more selfless, and I think that's what I thought the term game-changer meant. For the good of the community and constructive conversations towards a resolution, whether it be a resolution of the db glitch - or just the resolution that someone out there cares about us.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:24 AM   #11
Quick as lightning

TexanCam's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Hell, they have their own main site, though many (and not all work with NCAA) have their own personal projects.

http://www.easports.com/gamechangers/bios
That's what I meant. They have a lot of personal projects or content sites they run.
2014 (3-9) Some things are better left unsaid...
UTSA
2015 (0-0)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 03:33 AM   #12
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Good post. I get it, man. And you're right - they do have lives and everything. It'd just be nice to hear something from someone that can - if that makes sense? I think the thread was created for the sake of proof of what a GC is - and yes I've applied myself - but honestly, I'm not sure I want to if it seems restrictions would prevent me dabbing in certain threads, etc.

I know you've mentioned patch - that's fine, I'm not really keen on it even though it's inevitable, but at some point we've got to get something regarding the core fundamentals of football right out of the box. The slider section shouldn't have multiple "theories" with no hope of resolution - this is where that anger occurs. I've kept pretty calm about it - and always trying to find a solution, but some guys out there can't be helped - especially the OD guys, and I'm not even an online player - but I feel for them.

I just think in a community we need to be more selfless, and I think that's what I thought the term game-changer meant. For the good of the community and constructive conversations towards a resolution, whether it be a resolution of the db glitch - or just the resolution that someone out there cares about us.
Not a problem, it's been a good discussion. I think there will be a patch before Madden drops. I play predominantly online and OD and it is usually a harrowing experience if you run into a person who knows the money routes. If I had bushels of money, I would put it down on a patch being within a month, but alas.

I also feel, with this console generation ending, they are really pushing the limits on what they can do. And with that, they will not please everyone. They have to please sim gamers, online only arcade gamers, uniform aficionados, equipment lovers, presentation up to par like you are watching a game on TV; it's simply a tall mountain to climb and really, what do you pick? Who do you please?

Who do the GC'ers listen to? It's hard to pick and choose. I figure they will listen to the discussion on AI defense and the problems it is having and fix online play. It's a huge game pusher and having touched that, it will also effect offline play as well. If I remember correctly, '12 had three patches, so we have a ways to go. I feel for these guys (the devs). They are on a grueling timetable to make people happy, bring new things in, attempt to NOT break things, and get a stable product out within a year. And then, like it or not, they usually get spat upon for a "terrible product" year in and year out.

I think this game, this year, has been closer to a real football experience than any of the others I have played, though admittedly I started in '10 with NCAA.

edit: Saying things as I have said tonight, last year I would have been called an EA shill and/or fanboy. So, at least there is a little evolution in discussion. I have enjoyed this semi-debate/discussion. No bashing!?! Could it be.

Last edited by der juicen; 07-26-2013 at 03:35 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:45 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Not a problem, it's been a good discussion. I think there will be a patch before Madden drops. I play predominantly online and OD and it is usually a harrowing experience if you run into a person who knows the money routes. If I had bushels of money, I would put it down on a patch being within a month, but alas.

I also feel, with this console generation ending, they are really pushing the limits on what they can do. And with that, they will not please everyone. They have to please sim gamers, online only arcade gamers, uniform aficionados, equipment lovers, presentation up to par like you are watching a game on TV; it's simply a tall mountain to climb and really, what do you pick? Who do you please?

Who do the GC'ers listen to? It's hard to pick and choose. I figure they will listen to the discussion on AI defense and the problems it is having and fix online play. It's a huge game pusher and having touched that, it will also effect offline play as well. If I remember correctly, '12 had three patches, so we have a ways to go. I feel for these guys (the devs). They are on a grueling timetable to make people happy, bring new things in, attempt to NOT break things, and get a stable product out within a year. And then, like it or not, they usually get spat upon for a "terrible product" year in and year out.

I think this game, this year, has been closer to a real football experience than any of the others I have played, though admittedly I started in '10 with NCAA.

edit: Saying things as I have said tonight, last year I would have been called an EA shill and/or fanboy. So, at least there is a little evolution in discussion. I have enjoyed this semi-debate/discussion. No bashing!?! Could it be.
Definitely no bashing, that's not how we should roll here at OS. It's what I love about it.

I think you bring up a good point about devs and their cycle. It makes sense, and yes it is a tall timetable. Here is what I have always thought though - if the approach was to just make it aimed for sim only players - wouldn't the arcade players not care, i.e. even notice a difference. As long as they had the right uniforms, etc - I never understood why that kind of approach couldn't be used instead of exhausting resources in areas that did not need improvement or eliminations.

Good conversation - I'll admit, I did not have any direction of this topic, let alone control that wasn't fueled by frustration (I've been on twitchtv streaming live for the last 3 weeks trying to find solutions to people's issues with the game) or a certain "I give up" mentality. Your posts have enlightened me though and helped me, and hopefully others, that there are guys on our side called the gamechangers - but now it's a matter of addressing issues at their venue instead (i.e. their projects, etc).
Old 07-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #14

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Well, I for one am not surprised they disappeared.

They are good at coming to sites like this, hyping up the games and then going away.

Not the first time its happened and won't be the last. Frankly, that whole program has turned into a joke.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #15
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Please reread what I was talking about and get back to me. In the more recent past, people have been banned for being complete shtakoheads to the devs in general. I was not talking about the OP.
What is the recent past equate to and what Dev's? The last major player I recall actively engaging the community was Ian. There's been one or two former O.S.'er's who have dropped in occasionally but their interactions have been minimal from the start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #16
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Well, I for one am not surprised they disappeared.

They are good at coming to sites like this, hyping up the games and then going away.

Not the first time its happened and won't be the last. Frankly, that whole program has turned into a joke.
I was going to touch on this but didn't want this to turn into a potential call out the G.C.'ers thread. It's really just a trade off as you pointed out, the Game Changers get free and early access to games and content and they essentially do the gorilla marketing for EA through social media platforms.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »