Home

Recruits Decommitting

This is a discussion on Recruits Decommitting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Recruits Decommitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFreakingBerry
Wow, I've yet to see this occur. I need to do some testing on that by just going out there trying to sign several guys at one position and see if any decommit.
If you are testing - try it with a lower rated recruit with playing time as a dealbreaker.

Once he signs, add enough higher rated guys to your board at his position to drop his PT grade to below C+

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #42
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

It's happened twice to me so far, on the same player no doubt.

There was a quarterback that I was trying to steal. Washington State was never going to land him, but he was one of the few players that "locked out" that I kept on my board (and now that I think of it, I wish I would have left some of the others on).

So, he locks me out in the middle of the season.. I was in 6th place on his list. Well, nice try I guess.. NOT SO FAST! He comes back, I'm in his top 2 now.. a couple of weeks go by and ****.. He locked me out again. It was too good to be true.. NOT SO FAST! He unlocks again, I'm back in his top 5 and we go to the off-season he he still hasn't committed anywhere. During recruiting, I'm his number 2 team again and I throw 9,000 points on that *******.

And that's the story of how I stole the #9 overall Quarterback.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #43
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
It's happened twice to me so far, on the same player no doubt.

There was a quarterback that I was trying to steal. Washington State was never going to land him, but he was one of the few players that "locked out" that I kept on my board (and now that I think of it, I wish I would have left some of the others on).

So, he locks me out in the middle of the season.. I was in 6th place on his list. Well, nice try I guess.. NOT SO FAST! He comes back, I'm in his top 2 now.. a couple of weeks go by and ****.. He locked me out again. It was too good to be true.. NOT SO FAST! He unlocks again, I'm back in his top 5 and we go to the off-season he he still hasn't committed anywhere. During recruiting, I'm his number 2 team again and I throw 9,000 points on that *******.

And that's the story of how I stole the #9 overall Quarterback.
Sounds to me like his dealbreaker was one of the pitches that changes during the season.. and him locking you and unlocking you was result of the pitch grade changing throughout the season.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #44
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Sounds to me like his dealbreaker was one of the pitches that changes during the season.. and him locking you and unlocking you was result of the pitch grade changing throughout the season.
He still decommitted twice. He was set on where he was going both times and I was no where near the points I needed to be to even think about getting him.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #45
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
He still decommitted twice. He was set on where he was going both times and I was no where near the points I needed to be to even think about getting him.
So he was committed to another school.................not just having you locked out?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #46
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
So he was committed to another school.................not just having you locked out?
If I'm 1,500-3,000 points outside of getting someone, get "locked out" and two weeks later he's "unlocked" and I'm 15 points outside of landing him, there's no other explanation.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #47
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
If I'm 1,500-3,000 points outside of getting someone, get "locked out" and two weeks later he's "unlocked" and I'm 15 points outside of landing him, there's no other explanation.
The problem is, thats not a "decommitment"

Old 07-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #48
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
The problem is, thats not a "decommitment"
It could be, and it's just not showing up as a "decommit". It doesn't have to popup and say "Hey, this guy decommitted and you're back in the running" for us to assume what it means whenever he opens you back up and the field is leveled.

He reopened his commitment.

People try and look to hard for this game to have glitches and bugs and refuse to believe something like that can happen.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »