Home

Read Option House Rules

This is a discussion on Read Option House Rules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Read Option House Rules

he's right, the computer CAN NOT stop it period, i averaged 10 yds a carry with old dominion against alabama, its really stupid, running for 300 yds a game with ur qb cause the cpu cant figure out that play, it needs patched or something, if thats what people call fun then u dont know jack about football, that doesnt feel real cause they never figure it out, EVER. the ones that like it must have records of 1000 and zero, cause a garentee id never lose if i ran it, im the one that had run block at 0, and cpu tackle at 100, i just deleted it from my play book though cause i feel like its a glitch in the game, that people just enjoy taking advantage of cause they stink otherwise
Old 08-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #18
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
He's not saying he can't stop it.

He's talking about how the CPU can't stop him when he is playing.
Ah, I misunderstood. Yeah, only a few CPU teams can shut down the option. It might could use a little tweaking. But not too much, IMO.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #19
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

I agree, the defense takes the RB too much on the read options. I've had games where my RB gets like 3-5 carries and the QB gets 15-20 off the read option. It should be a fairly even split.
NHL: Colorado Avalanche, Pittsburgh Penguins
NCAA: Air Force Falcons, Penn State Nittany Lions
Old 08-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1
Does anyone here use game management? If you do then set option to aggressive. The DE ALWAYS goes after the QB. In which case I user the linebacker to cover the HB. Stopped. After doing it a few times and the CPU not picking up yards they turn to pass plays. Just in my case during my offline dynasty.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #21

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettylittlesmiles
Does anyone here use game management? If you do then set option to aggressive. The DE ALWAYS goes after the QB. In which case I user the linebacker to cover the HB. Stopped. After doing it a few times and the CPU not picking up yards they turn to pass plays. Just in my case during my offline dynasty.
Again, this is not about you stopping them on defense.

This is about the CPU's defense being unable to stop the user.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1
I have a very hard time running in type of option against the computer. What difficulty are you playing on and what type of sliders are you using?
Old 08-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #23

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettylittlesmiles
I have a very hard time running in type of option against the computer. What difficulty are you playing on and what type of sliders are you using?
I don't think he's posted his sliders anywhere but he did say he is playing heisman/heisman.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #24
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm a coach mode guy and as for the CPU stopping it, it happens way to infrequently. From my testing its due to the CPU not shedding blocks and for coach user the user qb never makes the wrong read. I actually went back and played ncaa 12 coach mode and while the option is not very effective I noticed that the CPU sheds a lot more blocks than in 14. I tried every slider mix in 14 and the read option is unstoppable. That reason alone is why I haven't played the game in a couple weeks. Anyone know if there's a patch on horizon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »