Home

NCAA Football 14: Ultimate Team Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: Ultimate Team Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NCAA Football 14: Ultimate Team Review

If you've played an EA Sports title in the last three and a half years, chances are that you are somewhat familiar with Ultimate Team Mode. The popular card mode combines the addictiveness of card collecting with a splash of fantasy football, and has been a huge hit in EA Sports' FIFA, NHL, and Madden NFL games.

Before this season, shortly after the announcement of Ultimate Team in NCAA Football, the questions began to fly about how such a mode could work in a college football game. Could such a mode be worth your time? The answer is a resounding 'YES'.

A small caveat before we get started - Ultimate Team uses the EA Servers to function, not your hard drive. If you have no Internet connection (and we ask how are you reading this) or if the EA Servers are down, you will not be able to access this mode at all. However, downtime wasn't a huge issue for me during my playtime with the mode.

Read More - NCAA Football 14: Ultimate Team Review
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Womas64's Arena

OVR: 0
It's definitely fun and I continue to play, but playing teams with guys all 93 and up everytime is getting a little old. And everyone has RG3, Adrian Peterson, Tavon Austin, and Randy Moss. Like everyone has ridiculous squads and they're in the same level as me. We already pay 60 bucks a game plus our live connection. I spend 5 on a starter pack which I was annoyed to find out is the same thing for everyone.

The modes fun and I like it, but there are just a few things they could've done to change my opinion. There should be more elite and legend cards available. Everytime I buy a gold pack I feel like I'm disappointed to get an 85 OVR guy at a spot I have depth at. I spend money on individual players on auctions too which is my favorite thing to do right now, but at least once maybe I'd like to luck out and get a serious card in a gold pack that I just spend 4 hours playing games to earn.

I'm starting to wonder if you have to buy an all american bundle just to get higher level players. Like I said, if everyone I played didn't have ridiculously stacked teams compared to mine it would be more enjoyable. I have a 92 OVR team and I have a winning record so I'm doing fine, but still some parody would be nice.

One last thing, my buddy get random packs for either completing an auction or having a card go unbidded and letting time run out. He got a Award level Morris Claiborne for this, anyone know that's about?
Old 08-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 14: Ultimate Team Review

I think NCAA ultimate team is a flop this year. You cant even play a friend! Hoping NCAA15 will be a lot better.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6
i hate how i purchased a pack, game froze, and did what directions the game told me to do and still dont have that pack....other than that i like it but...it doesnt feel complete menu wise
Old 08-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Never had the desire to check it out. This game is about Dynasty to me.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Womas64
It's definitely fun and I continue to play, but playing teams with guys all 93 and up everytime is getting a little old. And everyone has RG3, Adrian Peterson, Tavon Austin, and Randy Moss. Like everyone has ridiculous squads and they're in the same level as me. We already pay 60 bucks a game plus our live connection. I spend 5 on a starter pack which I was annoyed to find out is the same thing for everyone.

The modes fun and I like it, but there are just a few things they could've done to change my opinion. There should be more elite and legend cards available. Everytime I buy a gold pack I feel like I'm disappointed to get an 85 OVR guy at a spot I have depth at. I spend money on individual players on auctions too which is my favorite thing to do right now, but at least once maybe I'd like to luck out and get a serious card in a gold pack that I just spend 4 hours playing games to earn.

I'm starting to wonder if you have to buy an all american bundle just to get higher level players. Like I said, if everyone I played didn't have ridiculously stacked teams compared to mine it would be more enjoyable. I have a 92 OVR team and I have a winning record so I'm doing fine, but still some parody would be nice.

One last thing, my buddy get random packs for either completing an auction or having a card go unbidded and letting time run out. He got a Award level Morris Claiborne for this, anyone know that's about?
℠℠℠like Dawn implied I am surprised that a mom able to profit $7443 in a few weeks on the computer. w*w*w.G*r*e*e*n*3*7.ℂ*ℴ*ℳ ℠℠℠℠℠
Old 08-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

Ultimate team would be a blast if everyone and there momma didn't chew clock. Can't have a game last longer than 10 minutes. Ea dropped the ball on this one. Don't know what they were thinking with 3 minute quarters
Old 08-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Bad UI decisions and a lack of features relative to other UT implementations makes UT a disappointment to me. No head to head exhibitions? No posting to collections from your reserve? No way to see if you have a card in a collection without manually searching for each one?

The CPU challenges are good, and I do like the way the seasons are set up, but I can't really get into it with how obstructive the menu system is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »