Home

why do my wr's not turn up field after catching a screen pass?

This is a discussion on why do my wr's not turn up field after catching a screen pass? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
Banned

CJ10's Arena

OVR: 0

every time I throw a screen pass I see blockers and open field in front of me, yet as soon as the wr makes the catch, he does some stupid side cut before turning to run up the field which always results in getting tackled right where he caught the ball. whats up with this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: why do my wr's not turn up field after catching a screen pass?

What game speed are you playing on? Anything other than normal generates some funkiness with screens, sweeps, tosses and what not.

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 10-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
Banned

CJ10's Arena

Im on normal, I switched after I found out about the stuck in the mud glitch on tosses and swings. What my wr are doing when they catch it is cutting sideways or backwards before turning up field, which of course allows the D time to run right over and tackle them. Ive tried holding the stick every direction, using every directional passing option and nothing is working.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Is this NCAA '14?

What kind of screens (smoke, mid, bubble)?

In my spread option offense I run a lot of all 3 types of screens and haven't seen your issue before. I don't use any directional passing on screens.

There's a 4th type of screen where the WR runs towards the QB and behind the LOS but I almost never call those, but that's because I don't like him running back behind the LOS at the start of the play.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
Rookie

skundy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Is this NCAA '14?

What kind of screens (smoke, mid, bubble)?

In my spread option offense I run a lot of all 3 types of screens and haven't seen your issue before. I don't use any directional passing on screens.

There's a 4th type of screen where the WR runs towards the QB and behind the LOS but I almost never call those, but that's because I don't like him running back behind the LOS at the start of the play.
I too run a lot of screens and haven't seen this. It almost sounds like a hard cut is being made as soon as the ball is caught.

The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
Banned

CJ10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skundy
I too run a lot of screens and haven't seen this. It almost sounds like a hard cut is being made as soon as the ball is caught.
That's what it feels like to me as well. where I see it the most is the normal wr screen or the pa wr screen, it goes to the wr nearest the sideline while the other wr and ol block for you. the bubble screen and the screen where the wr runs behind the los I don't get many issues with cause they are already in motion and catching the ball in stride. Its only the ones where they catch the ball from a dead stop that I get this with.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ10
That's what it feels like to me as well. where I see it the most is the normal wr screen or the pa wr screen, it goes to the wr nearest the sideline while the other wr and ol block for you. the bubble screen and the screen where the wr runs behind the los I don't get many issues with cause they are already in motion and catching the ball in stride. Its only the ones where they catch the ball from a dead stop that I get this with.
I have the same issues at times. I still haven't quite figured out why EXACTLY it happens, but if i allow my player to fully catch the ball before i try to make a football move, it happens less, but it still happens. I wish I understood why this happens. It would really help to open up my playbook, because as of now I rarely run screens and such, mainly because of this issue.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
Rookie

skundy's Arena

Are you using directional passing on these plays? I usually don't and can have success with these plays. I will try today and use some directional passing and see if it affects the play.

The Art of War- Sun Tzu

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »