Home

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-20-2016, 06:07 PM   #1593
Rookie

lilhook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Go to a "play now" game and you can cycle through all of the stadiums, including the HS ones. It doesn't list capacities, but you can see what the stadium and field look like. Each region has a "large," "medium," and "small" option.
Cam I do this for Conference championship game sites too? For example I want the B1G title game @ Soldier Field can I get the B1G title game field art on there for example?
Old 12-21-2016, 12:11 AM   #1594
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhook
Cam I do this for Conference championship game sites too? For example I want the B1G title game @ Soldier Field can I get the B1G title game field art on there for example?
you should be able to get that field in the game with out the editor when you are in the change conference and bcs bowls. in the off season.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:25 PM   #1595
Rookie

Does anyone have another link for the ea db generic editor? the mediafire download link seems to be broken on the website..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2016, 01:08 AM   #1596
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
The more I thought about an 8 team playoff the more I knew I wanted to do it. I'm in week 12 of 2030 so I decided to experiment to make sure it would work. It did so I'm gonna use it for this year.

I took my 2029 save at the beginning of bowl season and used that to experiment with. I ended up trying the setup you laid out except I'll just use the BCS rankings to determine the at larges (I'll use 1 guaranteed mid major like you too). I love how the CCGs (I have a CCG for all conferences except the Sun Belt) have a ton more emphasis with this setup. In my test, #7 and #8 didn't make the playoffs because they didn't win the conference and weren't high enough for an at large (#9 FIU got the mid major's bid and #10 Navy won the ACC over #7 PSU and #8 Auburn).

I ended up with this setup:
QUARTERS:
East Regional Playoff: (8)Navy @ (1)Rutgers - Navy won 31-17
West Regional Playoff: (5)Baylor @ (4)Utah - Baylor won 35-16
South Regional Playoff: (7)FIU @ (2)Florida - Florida won 31-21
Midwest Regional Playoff: (6)Syracuse @ (3)Mich - Mich won 54-20

SEMIS:
Rose: (8) Navy @ (5) Baylor - Baylor won 24-21
Orange: (3) Michigan @ (2) Florida - Michigan won 35-21

FINALS:
BCSNCG: (5) Baylor @ (3) Michigan

In these 2 pics you can see that Michigan played in 3 "bowl" games (I renamed the 1st rounders to Regional Playoff).
You can also see that Baylor played 16 games (they played in a CCG and 3 playoff games).
Spoiler

In this one you can see that the stats were correct because 3950 yds / 246.8 YPG = 16 games
Spoiler

I'm definitely gonna go with an 8 team playoff from here on out, starting with my current season. It makes the postseason waaaaay more exciting.

The only thing I have left to do is to decide my bowl tie ins to make replacing teams the least painful. I'm considering 2 main approaches:
1. Assign 5 BCS conference champs to the regional games and assign 4 crappy teams to the 2 BCS bowls that'll be the semifinals for this year. This way I'll only have to move 3 teams from the quarterfinals (to make room for the at larges) and 4 teams that'll lose their bowl games will already be in the semifinals, which'll have to be moved anyway. I could also try assigning 2 other crappy teams to the BCSNCG, but I'm not sure if that'll work.

2. Keep the 5 BCS champs in the BCS bowls and assigning the crappy bids to the quarterfinal bowls. If I did this I'd have to swap out every team for the quarterfinals, but the teams I'd be swapping would already be teams that I'd probably want to lose their bids.

Do you have the file for the DB editor?
Old 12-23-2016, 01:38 AM   #1597
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
The "same key" error is caused by a duplicate value that shouldn't be duplicated, most likely a player ID (PGID.)

EA recycles PGID values after several years, but the problem is some values don't always get deleted or become duplicated in error. This is why Xan's config will often stop working after several seasons of editing btw.

Fortunately, this can be fixed, but it will take some work.

Pimpycraig posted a workaround in another thread that works.

In order to do this, you need a generic config file. ChubbyD uploaded one here (post 1221, see also 1217) Note that the tabs ARE NOT in alphabetical order, and there are a lot of them so keep scrolling.

- Select the PLAY tab
- Click on the PGID subtab to sort the list in order.
- Click "I/O" at the top of the Editor to export everything to Excel. Keep the editor open.
- Dig through Excel and find duplicate values in the PGID tab (I like using conditional formatting to make it easier.)
- Once you find 'em, go back to the Editor, find that value listed in the table and change one of them to another NON-DUPLICATE number. (You'll find that PGID values often skip numbers, use one of those.) Make sure you hit "Enter" after every single time you finish a box, else your file gets corrupted.
- Repeat for all duplicate values.
- Save
- Re-encrypt in Bruteforce and enjoy!

Oh and, if done correctly, Xan's config should be able to work after this. I was ecstatic when it did.

Can you help me out man?

I followed your directions and that config that I downloaded from ChubbyD, and loaded into the editor, has neither of the tabs that you say to look at. In fact they all also seem to be (mostly) in alphabetical order which you said wouldn't happen.

If anyone has the answer to this could they please help me out?
Old 12-23-2016, 02:07 AM   #1598
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraboarder666
Does anyone have another link for the ea db generic editor? the mediafire download link seems to be broken on the website..
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-modding.html

Link from the first post worked for me couple hours ago
Old 12-28-2016, 12:39 PM   #1599
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

when giving sanctions to schools it says it needs to be done and the beginning of each season. is that the preseason? or the regular season before I play week one? just wondering I havnt been able to get it to work yet.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:30 PM   #1600
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sanctions assistance request:

I too have been trying for 2 days to get the Sanctions to work through the "Team" tab in the Dynasty save. The only success of any kind I had at all was when I pre-configured a "Roster" save to have NCAA Sanctions enabled for my test team and then created a test Dynasty for that test team. This showed the reduced Scholarships. Now I assumed that the new test Dynasty was created with the pre-configured "Roster" save to have the Sanctions enabled, but that would only work when creating a Dynasty, not several years down the road should I want to place Sanctions on another team.

Question:

I'm not sure when in the Dynasty to make these edits to the Dynasty Save with the EA DB Editor nor am I sure if the "Team" tab in Dynasty save will be overwritten by similar "Team" tab in the "Roster" save.

If someone could help with a detailed sequence it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Piner

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »