Home

Incredibly low QB completion % in sim mode...

This is a discussion on Incredibly low QB completion % in sim mode... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Incredibly low QB completion % in sim mode...

I've been so darn focused on getting a solid set of coach/ 1 button mode sliders that I've not really looked at the simulated team/ individual player stats after 3 weeks of action.

I only play 3 or so games a week in coach/ 1 button mode and I sim the remainder of games.

Last night I decided to look at the QB completion % and was shocked how low they are.

For example-- PSU's Hackenberg at 37%. 4 starters below 40% and majority in high 40s- low 50s. 2 QB's over 65%. None over 70%!

Current RL NCAA stats show 19 QB's over 70% and 55 over 60%.
I reckon that my game sliders in AA-AA can't be used for simming games.
Wow... I'm really onto something. DUH!

For you vets... do I sim the remaining games with sliders at default and then change them back to my game mode sliders?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 02:50 AM   #2
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

Re: Incredibly low QB completion % in sim mode...

I might have figure out why many qbs have low % completion passes that's because many of them have low AWR and THA. In fact, only 11 qbs have 90 THA or better while only one qb (Alabama) has 95 THA or better. Also, there are only 3 qbs that have 90 AWR or better ,but there are load of cbs have 90 awr or better

I decided to test 2 seasons (default rating then +10 AWR & THA) then I found out that all 10 qbs got better.

UL (Bridgewater)

1- 212-357 3074 29-7 59%
2- 208-281 3096 36-5 74%

Despite he has less pass attempts because his team went with more run plays than normal since they blow away opponents early. However, he had 74% completion passes. Btw, he should be pocket passer not balance qb.

OSU (Miller)

1. 226-357 3060 27-6 63%
2. 225-306 3165 31-6 73%

Not much different except 73% completion passes. Just like Bridgewater, his team committed more run plays.

(SMU) Gilbert-lol

1. 205-453 2597 18-17 45%
2. 209-327 3007 28-4 63% (Missed 4 games which are probably due to injuries.)

He got better overall results while he committed less ints as well.

(WSU) Halliday

1. 258-536 3347 26-24 48%

This is probably most unrealistic stats because he had almost 55 passes attempt average and 63%.

2- 260-432 3569 33-3 60%

This is still unrealistic stats ,so I suspect that receivers need rating boost more than him. Yet, he had better completion passes %.

WKU (I don't know who is he ,but he's 6'7).

1- 168-413 2183 15-17 40%
2- 215-385 3067 26-9 55%

He did get better big time for being 6'7" qb.

Georgia (Murray)

1- 234-388 3285 34-7 60%
2- 191-306 2508 23-6 62%

Not much different but he missed 3 games (I think).

Alabama (McCarron)

1- 218-313 3136 32-4 70%
2- 253-369 3725 45-7 68%

Not much different except more attempts and 45 tds.

Fresno State (Carr)

1- 178-257 2495 21-6 69%

He's out for a season because of injury.

2- 238-346 3629 32-3 68%

Probably don't much different.

Colorado (Lifau)

1- 146-319 1747 16-10 46%
2- 204-411 2826 24-12 49%

IIRC, he still has too low THA and AWR ,but he's definitely getting better.

TCU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVwR0rw5fk)

1- 201-376 3073 30-7 54%

2- 215-328 2858 30-12 65%

I couldn't tell difference between two ,but he had higher % while his team committed more run plays.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:00 AM   #3
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

I've had some success editing the head coach of a given team to be more conservative on offense. Not run vs. pass per se, but the actual setting that dictates whether they go for big plays or not. You want to move it to the right.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:10 AM   #4
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32jack
I've been so darn focused on getting a solid set of coach/ 1 button mode sliders that I've not really looked at the simulated team/ individual player stats after 3 weeks of action.

I only play 3 or so games a week in coach/ 1 button mode and I sim the remainder of games.

Last night I decided to look at the QB completion % and was shocked how low they are.

For example-- PSU's Hackenberg at 37%. 4 starters below 40% and majority in high 40s- low 50s. 2 QB's over 65%. None over 70%!

For you vets... do I sim the remaining games with sliders at default and then change them back to my game mode sliders?

It's a flaw in the coding of the game and has been for a couple of years now.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 10-14-2014, 04:42 AM   #5
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32jack

I noticed this in my Dynasty and started over and did a bunch of edits to QB's Awareness and accuracy, but still had way several low % for QB's. I think its just one of those things that EA has messed up coding wise as usual.

Im very big on having accurate stats, and if they arent accurate then I lose interest quickly. Ive just given up on NCAA football, and told my wife she could take it and sell it to put the money towards my purchase of NBA2k15. I have Madden15 and Im happy with that, its actually a good game for once, so while I love having a college football game its just not worht the headache so Im just giving it up, and I will just have Madden as my only football game.

Its too bad that some former college scrubs ruined it for video game fans of college basketball and football. Personally I enjoyed playing college basketball and football over the playing NBA and NFL games, but it looks like now that all us sports video game fans are left with.

I debated on giving up NCAA since its the last one made, but with sim stats whacked with QB accuracy I just cant get into it. If you went thrur every teams QB and bump up the accuracy and awareness rating into the 90's you might be able to get accurate stats or close to it but then you would need to lower them down for when you play those teams, thats jus to much messing around for me personally.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 03:31 PM   #6
Rookie

Mick-S's Arena

sliders have no effect with simmed games, the scores/stats etc are all predetermined.
open a dynasty file in the EA DB Editor and look at
Unknowns/SGIN table, or send me a dynasty file and I will tell you the scores.
PS3 only.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:46 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick-S
sliders have no effect with simmed games, the scores/stats etc are all predetermined.
PS3 only.
I think there needs to be a sticky thread that specifically states sliders have no impact on SIM stats....

I run accross atleast 5-6 threads throughout the year that mentions sliders with SIMULATED stats in both Madden and NCAA Football.

I personally have not run accross this issue yet.....but I've always used QB's with high awareness ratings throughout any file I create for myself during dynasty mode.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-14-2014, 03:49 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
sliders have no effect with simmed games
True

Quote:
the scores/stats etc are all predetermined.
PS3 only.
Scores aren't predetermined. They're randomly generated every week just like every NCAA game before. The only difference is that now they're randomly generated for the NEXT week as you advance. In the past they were randomly generated for THIS week as you advance. This was changed so that we could see scores in game on the score bug and during studio updates.

They're still randomly generated though. An easy way to see is to:
Save a backup file
Advance to the next week (and during this advance the scores/stats for the next week are generated)
Make note of some scores
Revert to your backup save
Advance to next week again
Note that the scores are all different because they were randomly generated again.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »