Home

Jump Balls Don't Work? (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Jump Balls Don't Work? (NCAA 14) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 10:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Jump Balls Don't Work? (NCAA 14)

I have a 6'6 receiver with 95 jumping and he never wins jump balls except in the endzone. His catch in traffic isn't that high only an 83, but even then a 6'6 receiver with 95 jumping should be jumping out of the game. Anyone have a solution besides not throwing jump balls? He is 230ish with 89 speed, 73 strength, and good blocking. Should I just move him to tight end and dominate the seams? Or keep him at receiver and dominate the endzone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 10:34 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Jump Balls Don't Work? (NCAA 14)

I think jump balls work well if you user catch. Are you doing that or letting the CPU go get it?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-14-2014, 11:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

Jumping is main problem for my defense because all of my dbs rarely jump for balls My passing defense is awful ,but I can't do anything because I was DC or HC. Not mention my team was last ranking for deflected or broken passes, assist tackles, and fumbles ,but my team was 1st ranking for solo tackles (ridiculous numbers) and sacks.

However, I studied my defense scheme till I noticed that opponents started to burn my secondary whenever I used Cover 2,3, etc which was due to low threshold. So I switched to man to man coverage most of time, In addition, I would switch to Quarter normal (Man spy) whenever my team led the score 4th quarter or large margin in 3rd quarter because they will keep throwing the balls while they sometime will run till end
Old 10-15-2014, 12:10 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I think jump balls work well if you user catch. Are you doing that or letting the CPU go get it?
I have tried both, in the endzone I usually let them do it. User catch never works. How soon into the route do you switch to them? Do you switch right before the ball is about the land? Or do you try to switch and gain position a lil during the route? The latter seems to NEVER work.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:00 AM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedasnaked
I have tried both, in the endzone I usually let them do it. User catch never works. How soon into the route do you switch to them? Do you switch right before the ball is about the land? Or do you try to switch and gain position a lil during the route? The latter seems to NEVER work.
When I user catch I switch right after I throw the ball and then use "ball hawk" right away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
When I user catch I switch right after I throw the ball and then use "ball hawk" right away.
How do you activate ball hawk? I have read a lil about it, but still unfamiliar.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedasnaked
How do you activate ball hawk? I have read a lil about it, but still unfamiliar.
Just hold down "Y."
Old 10-16-2014, 10:52 AM   #8
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Just hold down "Y."
Do you feel it's cheese to user catch? I used to think so, but I don't think the JMP or SPC are triggered unless a user catch is attempted. I also have the INT slider on 90, so the CPU is at a complete advantage unless I user catch.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »