Home

Possibly Using Single Season Mode For Playoffs

This is a discussion on Possibly Using Single Season Mode For Playoffs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2015, 10:00 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Possibly Using Single Season Mode For Playoffs

I have not yet tried the following suggestion, but I thought it might be worth mentioning for others to consider:

1. Open the Single Season Mode in the game.

2. Play the 2013 Season.

3. Set up a manual playoff among the final top four teams.

4. Play the final four games in Play Now Mode to determine a National Champion.

Other possible Single Season Options:

1. Set up an 8 team Play Now playoff among the final top 8. Round One: 4 vs 5, 3 vs 6, 2 vs 7, 1 vs 8. Etc.

2. Using the Editors, it may be possible to rebuild the Single Season Schedule to represent 2014 and future seasons. This task might not be as overwhelming as it first appears, since the majority of games played in each conference do not change, except for home-visitor and dates.

One final thought: It might be possible to play a two-season Dynasty to get to the end of the 2014 Season, then use Play Now to execute a 4-team playoff, then use the Editors to enter the playoff results into the Dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2015, 10:12 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Possibly Using Single Season Mode For Playoffs

I kinda thought about something similar to this but it involve exporting the teams from a dynasty file. Dont think there is a way to do that.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:24 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

I'm actually going to work on automating a dynasty roster export, I'll update when I have something to show
Old 01-12-2015, 01:54 AM   #4
Pro

well my theories are correct and I will be able to automate dynasty export

I tested out an approach where you load the Roster Config, load a Roster file, and then you can pick an existing dynasty file

my code will then whole sale replace the data in the Coaches table while retaining the coach id's (this is important) and provide a mapping file between the coach id's in the dynasty and the new one

after that I loaded the roster file back up in the game, and all my coaches names, their records, playbooks and everything were there on the correct teams

given the approach I have taken, I estimate it'll probably take me a week or so to finish and test this feature

so much like how I have setup source control with PocketScout on the web page creator, I'd like to do so with with the editor. who maintains it nowadays? anyone want to help maintain it?

per this thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...er-editor.html it hasn't really been updated in over a year, not too long ago, I grabbed the source and added features that I like such as when I edit the global schedule table, the team schedules get edited in return among other little fixes to make sure the Ohios and North Texas of the world don't run rampant in my dynasty and to turn off the sim lock feature

as I've been playing NCAA 14 for the last year and a half i'm nearing the end of my dynasty (i'm 80% sim), so my interest was to export the rosters so I can continue with a new dynasty and use the web page creator to continue to archive my history

anyway my experiment tonight has been promising, and I think the knobs and levers that we can provide to tune this game to an individual's liking, the more longevity it will have
Old 01-12-2015, 04:56 PM   #5
Pro

I now have coaches, players and coach skills copied over. depth charts are tricky because the built in roster depth chart doesn't quite follow the same rules as the dynasty does

what I would recommend is just going through each team in game and doing an auto reorder. the other limitation is that if the in game roster only has say 68 players on the team, then it will bring only 68 players from the source roster. it does cut off by OVR so the two worst players will be removed

anyone want to give this a whirl?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2015, 11:56 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10

i am interested.how can i get your editor?
Old 01-17-2015, 01:28 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Id really love to be able to export dynasty rosters. Please enlighten us how this is possible.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:05 AM   #8
Pro

It's been a busy work week, this weekend I'll look into finalizing this and sharing it out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »