Home

Sweeps in NCAA 14

This is a discussion on Sweeps in NCAA 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2015, 11:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sweeps in NCAA 14

What are people's experience with sweep plays in NCAA 14? I'm not talking about jet sweeps, I am talking about halfback tosses and stuff. I'm thinking of taking over ODU, UMD, or Navy and running the "Chesasweape" offense. The offenses bread and butter is based off of sweeps obviously. Would love to recruit athletes to runningback who can throw so I can run the halfback pass as a counter play. Jet sweep would also be incorporated as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 11:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Sweeps in NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedasnaked
What are people's experience with sweep plays in NCAA 14? I'm not talking about jet sweeps, I am talking about halfback tosses and stuff. I'm thinking of taking over ODU, UMD, or Navy and running the "Chesasweape" offense. The offenses bread and butter is based off of sweeps obviously. Would love to recruit athletes to runningback who can throw so I can run the halfback pass as a counter play. Jet sweep would also be incorporated as well.
I've never had much, if any, success with toss plays in any Madden or NCAA game. I've tried a few recently in NCAA 14 and my HB has stop and reset, which led to a 4 yard loss.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:33 PM   #3
Banned

martywebb's Arena

The only success I've had on regular sweep plays has been when I lucked into the left side crashing in for a blitz, and I happen to be running it right. Any other time, it's almost always a loss.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:39 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
I've never had much, if any, success with toss plays in any Madden or NCAA game. I've tried a few recently in NCAA 14 and my HB has stop and reset, which led to a 4 yard loss.

This sounds like the stuck in mud glitch. Try playing on normal speed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-24-2015, 02:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
This sounds like the stuck in mud glitch. Try playing on normal speed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm aware of this solution...but doesn't playing on normal speed cause less realistic gameplay, or am I conflating this with Speed Threshold?

Last edited by ZN30; 02-24-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 05:14 PM   #6
MVP

RedRaider10's Arena

I usually have success if my tackle or TE can seal the edge so that my FB can lead the way. I've had a lot of success but only if this happens.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:33 PM   #7
Rookie

I don't typically run traditional sweeps and tosses, I stick to the power O plays or occasionally a stretch play. The advantage with the power O is that a lot of times I can get outside the defense, but sometimes when that is impossible I can still get 5 yards cutting back to the inside. It also has great PA plays based off it.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:59 AM   #8
Rookie

The only sweep I can get to work consistently is buck sweep out of twin te slot wk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »