Home

anybody play 5 min or shorter quarter length in dynasty?

This is a discussion on anybody play 5 min or shorter quarter length in dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2015, 02:42 PM   #9
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: anybody play 5 min or shorter quarter length in dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
Biggest issue you will have is lack of rushing yards for both teams during the half that was simmed.

Yeah but even when I play the entire game, the other team rarely gets more than 100 yards rushing the whole game

Old 11-09-2015, 03:28 AM   #10
Rookie

midero's Arena

OVR: 0

I haven't played in over a year but I used to play 5 min quarters and I think the stats were pretty okay.

Sure, I never had a chance of getting the most passing yards in a season but I managed to get like 3.6k a season
Old 11-09-2015, 09:32 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 5

I play/coach with 8 minute quarters and here's how I do it.

Play the opening two drives of the game (one for offense and one on defense).

Supersim until the 4-minute mark before half-time (or as close as possible).

Play the opening two drives of the second half (one for offense and one on defense).

Supersim to the next quarter.

Play the fourth quarter.

Gives you about 16 minutes of total playing time, which is just about perfect in my book. Plus you never know what the Supersim is going to give you. Makes for some very exciting scenarios.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2015, 12:00 PM   #12
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

This has always been a dilemma for me. I play 6 minute quarters....for whatever reason, 7+ is just too much for my ADHD. But I also don't like simming, so unfortunately stats are something that is sacrificed to a degree. Other sports games have "Sim Qtr Length"....I wish NCAA had it.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctoks22
I have NCAA 08 and Madden 08 for Xbox 360. I find playing 1 minute quarters for the NCAA game allows for a full season in a few hours. Its tough when an early pick destroys your chances and makes every game intense. Also, I enjoy following my players that leave early and trading those draft picks to grab them in Madden. I wish an in game sim option was available since my players can never go for the POTY awards.
1 Min quarters, never heard anyone that played that!
Old 12-20-2015, 08:32 PM   #14
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

I play 9 min quarters because it allows for realistic stats. The games are long about an hour 30 minutes to an hour 45 minutes but that's because I like the passing game so much.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:36 AM   #15

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I too play nine minutes. Gets me the requisite 120 to 140 plays per game and takes about 90 minutes to play. I enjoy games feeling longer (more real), even if it means playing fewer games.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2015, 05:04 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think I play 8 minutes but I almost always go conservative time in the second half. What really skews everything is those darn no huddle teams. Since my sliders allow an insanely high completion rate for the computer, which is about the only way they can challenge me on offense, they get a lot of first downs, though the scores come out realistic. But they can take less than a minute on a drive with the first down rule. Face a team that doesn't no huddle, however, and a drive with numerous first downs can take much of the quarter.

I could probably skim a minute off my time and be fine most games. I don't mind it taking a bit to do a season. My recruits are only there for so long, so while I am always looking forward to seeing the next generation of recruits become key players, I certainly want time to enjoy the ones I've got.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »