Home

Recruiting house rules?

This is a discussion on Recruiting house rules? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2015, 03:59 PM   #9
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Recruiting house rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfeenathan
Do not add players to your board until week one. It auto assigns any unused points when you advance the week. For the preseason, the only thing the points are for is scouting.
I didn't know that. Thank you for this. now to restart my dynasty... again
Old 12-08-2015, 04:05 PM   #10
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKRDIBL
I didn't know that. Thank you for this. now to restart my dynasty... again
No problem. It is also an issue late in the season if you are using signing restrictions, such as not being able to sign more recruits than the number of seniors leaving. The system will apply any remaining points toward recruits, so you have to remove the targets you cannot sign to keep them from being recruited.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:22 PM   #11
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
No problem. It is also an issue late in the season if you are using signing restrictions, such as not being able to sign more recruits than the number of seniors leaving. The system will apply any remaining points toward recruits, so you have to remove the targets you cannot sign to keep them from being recruited.
ok perfect. I am looking to do the whole can only sign 2 more recruits then seniors leaving. I see a lot of people restrict rosters down to 60 also?

Last edited by NKRDIBL; 12-08-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 06:14 PM   #12
Banned

KnightTime's Arena

Quote:
To get rid of the remaining points so the CPU doesn't use them, I usually add someone like a 1 star who's not being recruited or a 4-5 star who's almost signed somewhere else and max out their points, but don't offer them a scholarship. Then if I end up getting one of the 1 stars as a walk on, I can either cut them, or since I leave room on my roster for transfers, if I don't get any I can keep them.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:43 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5

Good tips here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ule-ideas.html
Old 12-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #14
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKRDIBL
does anyone know how to avoid players getting scouting during the recruiting process. Every time I enter week one and I always have random players scouted. I thought there would have been a setting for this, and if there is, I cannot find it.

Quote:
Do not add players to your board until week one. It auto assigns any unused points when you advance the week. For the preseason, the only thing the points are for is scouting.
This isn't a great solution. If you add people to your board in week 1 and they're not interested, then you can't gain points on them. It doesn't matter if you spend 700 points or 0 points, you'll be trailing by the same amount in week 2. It's only after you're in his top 10 that your weekly points have affect.

The better solution is to add 20 guys you don't care about in the preseason, manually scout them all to use up your points, then remove them and add the guys you want.
Quote:

If you're not using up all of your points, add some crappy 1* guys and max out their points, but don't offer them a scholly.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 12-09-2015, 02:15 PM   #15
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
This isn't a great solution. If you add people to your board in week 1 and they're not interested, then you can't gain points on them. It doesn't matter if you spend 700 points or 0 points, you'll be trailing by the same amount in week 2. It's only after you're in his top 10 that your weekly points have affect.

The better solution is to add 20 guys you don't care about in the preseason, manually scout them all to use up your points, then remove them and add the guys you want.

If you're not using up all of your points, add some crappy 1* guys and max out their points, but don't offer them a scholly.
So I am handicapping my recruiting efforts by not adding people until week 1? Not sure if that is such a bad thing, but I also did not realize that was happening. Thanks.

As for adding 1* players you don't want vs just clearing your board, what is the difference there? I tend to find myself having several players close to the commit mark with a fewer number of spots available to sign them because of recruiting rules. Why not call it done and trim the list? What is the benefit to reloading with 1*'s?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 02:17 PM   #16
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
So I am handicapping my recruiting efforts by not adding people until week 1? Not sure if that is such a bad thing, but I also did not realize that was happening. Thanks.

As for adding 1* players you don't want vs just clearing your board, what is the difference there? I tend to find myself having several players close to the commit mark with a fewer number of spots available to sign them because of recruiting rules. Why not call it done and trim the list? What is the benefit to reloading with 1*'s?

I haven't tested this, but I'd guess that if your guys aren't scouted and you have points left, then the CPU would probably scout them.

That's just speculation however.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »