Home

10 first impressions...(Long)

This is a discussion on 10 first impressions...(Long) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2004, 02:56 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 10 first impressions...(Long)

Gamebreaker provided competition and NCAA destoyed it.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:15 PM   #154
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Before this thread gets locked, I just wanna throw in that I really like HMcCoy's style.

He's right about the presentation stuff, too. For a company that gets so worked up about the aesthetics in their games, I'm surprised that EA doesn't redo this every year. Not that I care, I just find it surprising.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:39 PM   #155

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
Like I said before, alot of casual fans are going to have a tough time this year.

Awesome!! Exactly what i want to hear. Maybe i can play online this year and not worry about cheese.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 04:15 PM   #156
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Quote:

Jistic said:
Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Quote:

Jistic said:
Just a matter of time. What's odd to me is that I don't even go into the forums of games that I don't own. The only time I do that is if I"m interested in a title and want info. I mean I don't think I've even seen the Fifa forum.

I just don't get if you don't like a game, why bother even talking about it.

Either quote a lie or STFU.

I'm sick and tired of EA faithful gettin their frilly pink lace thongs twisted up because someone points out negatives AND positives. I seem to remember 50 posts from you about ESPN's supposed money flag routes last season, so save the whining "whaaa, why talk about it if there are negatives, whaaaa". Madden-mania. Try it.

Anyway, here's ANOTHER positive for ya...to answer a qusestion you posed to Steve about INT's, there are even more interceptions this year, but its not because of super-hyped DB's. This year the QB accuracy is DRASTICALLY reduced. There are far more overthrows, and the sucky QB's cannot throw on the run. Add better DB awareness(instaed of super-human physical attributes), and you will pay for nearly every mistake, but it doesn't feel cheap like last year. This feels alot more natural than a linebacker leaping 12 feet straght up, or a DB making a Deion-like break on the ball.

You can kiss my [censored] first of all. Then actually learn to read. That's why I said people that go into forums of games THEY DON'T OWN. Now read again slowly since you have some basic comprehension problems....there got it.

I wasn't even referring to your comments in the first place. You have the game, fire away. I have ESPN so I can comment on that til I'm blue in the face.

A copy of "1st grade reading for dummies" is in the mail.

Touche. Ma bad.

Old 07-12-2004, 04:58 PM   #157
MVP

soxboy7's Arena

OVR: 10

You should have known better then mess Jistic. I learned the hard way and looks like you may have also...
Old 07-12-2004, 05:37 PM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 1

that is probably the best responce on this whole topic.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:48 PM   #159
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

soxboy7 said:
You should have known better then mess Jistic. I learned the hard way and looks like you may have also...

You must not know me very well...He was right, I was wrong. Grown-ups admit mistakes and move on.

Anyway, the more I play this game, the more I like the "feel". The dropped passes are a near gamekiller though. When WIDE OPEN, fully composed WR's drop 2-3 passes in a row, it tends to get a little frustrating.

This series has always had effective sliders, so its a non-issue unless your on-line league goes with defaults only. If so you're in for a LOOOOOOONG season. Also, the drops may be a result of not setting my feet before I throw. I've found that most of my drops are when I've moved around in the pocket a bit. If so, this is an impressive and very bold move by EA to force you to stay in the pocket. Very ballsy to possibly risk alienation of the "roller-outers".
As a matter of fact, most complaints that I've read are from guys not used to the new level of realism.

I'll do more research on the dropsies it after work.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:34 PM   #160
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yikes, this is ridiculous. You guys always want an "honest" opinion on a game, yet when someone gives one, you bash him because you feel he's bashing a game that none of you have never played.

I felt that the review/impressions were nice and objective. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks abunch McCoy, i appreciate it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »