Home

Do you ever feel that the "good players" are only good because .......

This is a discussion on Do you ever feel that the "good players" are only good because ....... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2004, 02:14 AM   #9
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Do you ever feel that the \"good players\" are only good because ...

Some of the best games I had online last year were Fresno State/Hawaii and Army/Navy.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:21 AM   #10
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

WallyHoppIII said:
Do you think its easier for people using teams like purdue to step it up and play with a better team, than to play with a great team and try to run that same system with a bad team.. it's kinda like riding around in a geo metro and all of a sudden stepping up to a BMW. The BMW driver is gonna have a tough challenge of stepping his game down to the confinments of the metro's motor, but now that the metro driver has some leeway to do as he please's, he can do it without a hassle. Thats How I feel about the guys who play with top teams sometimes... they only play with the best because they take the easy way out of actually learning how to play a game and pass the ball.

Yes after playing with the lesser teams, I was able to really take advantage of playing with USC. (which was the only upper tier team I played with last year online).

The one crappy thing is, even though I am an SC fan and have always played as them when playing friends and such, when playing random games I can get generalized as a cheeser if I choose them. One downfall to having your team be an elite team.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:23 AM   #11
Pro

dereliched's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

WallyHoppIII said:
BYU anyday... what system? i'm getting XBL this weekend

i'm getting it on xbox. we will definitely have to play online some time. should be a good mountain west battle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 02:23 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

bk.. you don't play like one though... right?

sometimes passing to Mike is so easy... its soooo hard not doing it every play..

thats one disadvantage ill have online with my team... i have one secret weapon that im sure to get called a cheeser for... because ill be using him 30-40times a game.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:23 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had a blast in '04 shocking people with Air Force and Cheese, er, Chance Harridge. I beat people who were using Auburn, Pitt, and some other A-/A teams. There's something really fun about those mid-range teams--anything can happen. I even started a league last year that was comprised solely of teams with B ratings. It was a lot of fun.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:36 AM   #14
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

WallyHoppIII said:
bk.. you don't play like one though... right?

sometimes passing to Mike is so easy... its soooo hard not doing it every play..

thats one disadvantage ill have online with my team... i have one secret weapon that im sure to get called a cheeser for... because ill be using him 30-40times a game.

No, if you play the really good players, they can take Williams away. Although that does leave Colbert, Smith and Reggie Bush open to make plays. Colbert was actually my best player online at the WR position.

I play like USC for the most part. Lots of three step drops, lots of short routes, mostly the quick passing game, complimented by draws and traps to Bush and Dennis.

Against the good players you have to be able to take what the defense gives you.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:51 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5

Last year i used San Jose State when i played online. Of course, one of the worst teams in 2004. I'd only play people if they would match me up somewhat evenly, or a WAC or Mac team (of course, i was still the underdog 100 percent of the time) and i still went like 2-14 last year. I enjoyed the challenge never the less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 02:53 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

nd i still went like 2-14 last year.

Thats it? Ill have that many games online played by the weekend

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »