Home

USC wins 2004 Championship then falls on hard times

This is a discussion on USC wins 2004 Championship then falls on hard times within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2004, 10:05 PM   #1
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
USC wins 2004 Championship then falls on hard times

This was too funny and I just had to post it. In my Wake Forest Dynasty, the USC Trojans after beating FSU 49-26 to win the 2004 National Championship find themselves on the front page of the fist SI issue for the 2005 season. The headline reads: "GUILTY: An inquiry found #1 USC guilty, costing them 10 scholarships". Man when I read that I about fell out of my chair. Just had to share that with someone...

My Deacons went 8-4 on the year beating Pitt in a thriller in the Continental Tire Bowl 49-42. Pitt had their way with me for 3 quarters leading 42-14. Then it was like the momentum shifted big time in the game, as my Deacons took their game to another level. The Pitt players started to lose their composure and got rattled while my defense shut them down completely allowing my offense to put up 35 unanswered points in the 4th qtr. I won the game on a 39yd TD strike as the clock expired. That game got me a Greatest Game score of 2362!

Well, that is all for now. Just wanted to share this with ya. This game is not perfect but I love it!!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 10:09 PM   #2
Banned

mwynn05's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: USC wins 2004 Championship then falls on hard times

thats awesome...especially your come back
Old 07-16-2004, 11:13 PM   #3
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

RGmoney said:
This was too funny and I just had to post it. In my Wake Forest Dynasty, the USC Trojans after beating FSU 49-26 to win the 2004 National Championship find themselves on the front page of the fist SI issue for the 2005 season. The headline reads: "GUILTY: An inquiry found #1 USC guilty, costing them 10 scholarships". Man when I read that I about fell out of my chair. Just had to share that with someone...

My Deacons went 8-4 on the year beating Pitt in a thriller in the Continental Tire Bowl 49-42. Pitt had their way with me for 3 quarters leading 42-14. Then it was like the momentum shifted big time in the game, as my Deacons took their game to another level. The Pitt players started to lose their composure and got rattled while my defense shut them down completely allowing my offense to put up 35 unanswered points in the 4th qtr. I won the game on a 39yd TD strike as the clock expired. That game got me a Greatest Game score of 2362!

Well, that is all for now. Just wanted to share this with ya. This game is not perfect but I love it!!!!

guilty of what??

and 35 unanswered points in 1 quarter? How long of quarters are you playing? What level?
Old 07-16-2004, 11:42 PM   #4
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

lionsfan49 said:
Quote:

RGmoney said:

guilty of what??

and 35 unanswered points in 1 quarter? How long of quarters are you playing? What level?

Hey Lionsfan49, I can feel the "skeptical" tone of your post. First off, I didn't post just to say "Hey, look at me I scored 35 unaswered points in a qtr..." The post was just to share what happened to the Trojans. As far as the violations for them, don't know it was just on the SI cover.

Also, every year NCAA comes out, I play one season of a dynasty on "Varsity" with 7 minute qtrs to get a feel for the game and to wait until the rosters come out and a "good" set of sliders before I really get down to business. I am in no way an "NCAA GOD" like some people claim to be, I just love the game and wanted to share that with the community. When I get the rosters and a good set of sliders, u can check my "get down to business" team page out over at dynastymanager.com

I think u though for your skeptic nature, as I should have stated the above in the original post. That's what a few beers will do to ya... Peace everyone

Old 07-17-2004, 01:29 AM   #5
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

Quote:

RGmoney said:
Quote:

lionsfan49 said:
Quote:

RGmoney said:

guilty of what??

Hey Lionsfan49, I can feel the "skeptical" tone of your post. First off, I didn't post just to say "Hey, look at me I scored 35 unaswered points in a qtr..." The post was just to share what happened to the Trojans. As far as the violations for them, don't know it was just on the SI cover.

Also, every year NCAA comes out, I play one season of a dynasty on "Varsity" with 7 minute qtrs to get a feel for the game and to wait until the rosters come out and a "good" set of sliders before I really get down to business. I am in no way an "NCAA GOD" like some people claim to be, I just love the game and wanted to share that with the community. When I get the rosters and a good set of sliders, u can check my "get down to business" team page out over at dynastymanager.com

I think u though for your skeptic nature, as I should have stated the above in the original post. That's what a few beers will do to ya... Peace everyone

lol deep breaths

I was just curious as to what WR #1 was found guilty of? Just wondering, as I wouldnt expect that to be on the preseason cover of SI in this game.

And I have never come close to scoring 35 unanswered pts in 1 quarter. congrats!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 03:50 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:

lionsfan49 said:
Quote:

RGmoney said:
Quote:

lionsfan49 said:
Quote:

RGmoney said:

guilty of what??

lol deep breaths

I was just curious as to what WR #1 was found guilty of? Just wondering, as I wouldnt expect that to be on the preseason cover of SI in this game.

And I have never come close to scoring 35 unanswered pts in 1 quarter. congrats!

I dont think they were talking about WR#1(Mike Williams), i think USC was ranked #1 so they said #1 USC.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:31 PM   #7
Pro

GboroKidd's Arena

i agree with you, it would have said WR #1
Old 07-17-2004, 08:58 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

I am 8-3 with my deacons on all american, getting ready to play Florida in the Peach and my pass D stinks. But anyway my stellar d will take them out, yes pass d sux but I still have the #1 d in the country.

Go Deacs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »