Home

Help to get current

This is a discussion on Help to get current within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2016, 04:11 PM   #1
Rookie

dmb1spe's Arena

OVR: 1
Help to get current

Hey all! Am new to this whole teambuilder and roster situation given the adding of teams and such. Can someone give me some step by steps on how I can get a NCAA14 standard edition to current in terms of conference alignment, teambuilder additions, and roster downloads? Haven't picked up '14 in a year or so but am Jonesin' for some NCAA Football. Thanks for the help for such a presumably dumb question. Just don't want to muck something up and have a dynasty freeze up on me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 04:34 PM   #2
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Help to get current

The big issue now is that there are simply more FBS teams than there were in 2013 when this game was coded. You can't add teams onto a Dynasty (oh how we all wish it could be done!).

Since that time, Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, and UNC-Charlotte have all joined FBS. Coastal Carolina is set in the transition phase and will join next year (?). You could replace UAB with one of those teams, although UAB is set to return next year; or replace Idaho with one of the newer teams (Idaho is dropping down next year), but that still leaves out schools.

NCAA 14 has 126 teams; right now IRL there are 128, soon to be 129.

If the game ever does return someday, I hope we can add additional teams over the course of a Dynasty.

The roster sub-forum has some options for current-year rosters for in-game teams.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:00 PM   #3
Rookie

dmb1spe's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
The big issue now is that there are simply more FBS teams than there were in 2013 when this game was coded. You can't add teams onto a Dynasty (oh how we all wish it could be done!).

Since that time, Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, and UNC-Charlotte have all joined FBS. Coastal Carolina is set in the transition phase and will join next year (?). You could replace UAB with one of those teams, although UAB is set to return next year; or replace Idaho with one of the newer teams (Idaho is dropping down next year), but that still leaves out schools.

NCAA 14 has 126 teams; right now IRL there are 128, soon to be 129.

If the game ever does return someday, I hope we can add additional teams over the course of a Dynasty.

The roster sub-forum has some options for current-year rosters for in-game teams.
Thanks! From what I'm seeing on the roster forum, there are teambuilder teams to download for App State, Coastal Carolina, etc. and swapping out teams like UAB and Idaho.

I am just unfamiliar with how the downloadable roster files work with teambuilder teams swapped in. Is it something where you download the teambuilder teams first, swap them in, then download the roster file or download the roster file, upload, then plug in the teambuilder teams?
Old 10-25-2016, 05:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

If on ps3 download my teams I have unc Charlotte, coastal carolina and app stae use my psn greylongohard

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2016, 05:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Download the TB teams and you can customize the roster once you go into dynasty but find a roster file and download that when you do and you are making the dynasty it's going to ask you if you want to use random name choose no and the current roster will be in the dynasty

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 08:21 PM   #6
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1spe
Thanks! From what I'm seeing on the roster forum, there are teambuilder teams to download for App State, Coastal Carolina, etc. and swapping out teams like UAB and Idaho.

I am just unfamiliar with how the downloadable roster files work with teambuilder teams swapped in. Is it something where you download the teambuilder teams first, swap them in, then download the roster file or download the roster file, upload, then plug in the teambuilder teams?
The roster files are made for the default teams. TB teams have their own self-contained rosters.

You would have to download (and load) a roster file before beginning a Dynasty. So let's say you swap out UAB for App State. UAB's players/coaches are gone. The roster that came with the downloaded version of App State exists within the overall roster in UAB's place. Does that make sense?

Also, be aware that using a TB team in a Dynasty prevents you from using the DB Editor for any reason.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »