Home

Game of The Week/Nationally Broadcasted Game Logic

This is a discussion on Game of The Week/Nationally Broadcasted Game Logic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2016, 12:46 AM   #1
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

OVR: 0
Game of The Week/Nationally Broadcasted Game Logic

Does anyone know the exact logic behind the game of the week in Dynasty? The same question is applicable to nationally broadcasted games vs regionally broadcasted games.

I know that each team has a "television exposure" rating. How does that rating play into it? I've been in some dynasties where Alabama literally got GOTW almost every week and it gets old, but I would just like to know what causes it

Last edited by Dj2360; 11-09-2016 at 01:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2016, 06:30 AM   #2
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Game of The Week/Nationally Broadcasted Game Logic

There is no logic. I've seen 2 Top-5 teams play on local tv while 2 teams with losing records play the GotW. It's outrageous and it only gets worse the farther into dynasty mode you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2016, 08:54 AM   #3
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljahbill
There is no logic. I've seen 2 Top-5 teams play on local tv while 2 teams with losing records play the GotW. It's outrageous and it only gets worse the farther into dynasty mode you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For real? Say you build a program up, and all of a sudden there television exposure is A+, does that make a difference?
Old 11-07-2016, 08:58 AM   #4
MVP

whughes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj2360
For real? Say you build a program up, and all of a sudden there television exposure is A+, does that make a difference?
Not that I've noticed. I did a Central Michigan dynasty that lasted 8 years. Moved them to the Big 10 before year 7 and I think I played 2 GOTW in the entire dynasty. One when I was still in the MAC playing Western Michigan (we're rivals) and we were both ranked in the top 10 #8 and #5. The other was in year 8 when I played the #1 ranked Wisconsin squad while I was ranked #6. But like soulja said, Alabama gets the GOTW literally every week. They went 1-11 one year and still had the GOTW like 9 times that season

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 11-07-2016, 11:21 AM   #5
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
Not that I've noticed. I did a Central Michigan dynasty that lasted 8 years. Moved them to the Big 10 before year 7 and I think I played 2 GOTW in the entire dynasty. One when I was still in the MAC playing Western Michigan (we're rivals) and we were both ranked in the top 10 #8 and #5. The other was in year 8 when I played the #1 ranked Wisconsin squad while I was ranked #6. But like soulja said, Alabama gets the GOTW literally every week. They went 1-11 one year and still had the GOTW like 9 times that season
Thats good to know, haha I wish I could prevent the Alabama GOTW cheese
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2016, 11:25 AM   #6
Rookie

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the GOTW stuff all gets set when you advance from preseason to week 1 and it doesn't change. So if Bama goes like 5-5 through their first 5 games, but have high ratings + TV Exposure, they'll still have their GOTW locked in. Could be wrong, though.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:27 AM   #7
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbigmike
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the GOTW stuff all gets set when you advance from preseason to week 1 and it doesn't change. So if Bama goes like 5-5 through their first 5 games, but have high ratings + TV Exposure, they'll still have their GOTW locked in. Could be wrong, though.
For real? Thats interesting that it would be "pre-set", but that could explain some weird scenarios... I've had two un-ranked (0-3,0-2) SEC teams play in the GOTW
Old 11-07-2016, 11:31 AM   #8
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Im on the PS3 so I havent used "the editor" before, but to anyone that has dabbed around with it, did you notice any patterns with GOTW or nationally televised games, that could help point us in the right direction?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »