Home

Offensive schemes and tactics

This is a discussion on Offensive schemes and tactics within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2020, 04:57 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Offensive schemes and tactics

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2020, 07:43 PM   #106
Rookie

Re: Offensive schemes and tactics

I try to run the Colin Klein K State style. Chew the clock, mostly read options with some short passes to keep the defense honest, and an occasional deep shot
Old 02-21-2020, 03:08 PM   #107
Rookie

JYPrecise's Arena

Does anyone have a playbook resembling LSU's from this past season? I'm trying to use what nofx94 posted, but there's about 30 formations and only 378 plays you can have in game.
"Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" Jesus Shuttlesworth
Old 02-22-2020, 03:08 PM   #108
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6

I finally started my first dynasty at Arkansas State and wants to make then a pass heavier team overall.

For my first year I'm mostly going to recruit and let the cpu Sim the games. For my coaching philosophy, to make it more pass heavy I put it near 100,right? Just want to make sure since the CPU is really running it a lot more than I want especially with my best RB out for the year. I want to be about 70/30 pass run for this year now.

Also other sliders there I move it towards "aggressive" to be more aggressive or away to be less aggressive, right?
Old 02-23-2020, 12:26 PM   #109
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyokoke
I try to run the Colin Klein K State style. Chew the clock, mostly read options with some short passes to keep the defense honest, and an occasional deep shot
Curious with this if you are finding that the computer can't stop your read option attack? I have had issues in the past where I am getting 20+ YPC on the read option QB keep.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:56 PM   #110
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYPrecise
Does anyone have a playbook resembling LSU's from this past season? I'm trying to use what nofx94 posted, but there's about 30 formations and only 378 plays you can have in game.
If I can get my PS3 to work this weekend, I'll post it. I'll give myself a note to remember.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:41 PM   #111
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYPrecise
PS3 hasn't been working but it's working right now

Gun:
Normal (8 runs, 13 pass)
Normal flex (6 runs, 9 pass)
Normal hbwk (6 runs, 12 pass)
Normal offset (5 runs, 7 pass)
Normal offset wk (2 runs, 8 pass)
Normal wing offset (3 run, 6 pass)
Normal y flex (4 run, 20 pass)
Normal y slot (5 run, 13 pass)
Spread (4 run, 11 pass)
Spread flex (4 run, 11 pass)
Spread hb wk (4 run, 11 pass)
Tight (3 run, 17 pass)
Tight slots (3 run, 16 pass)
Trey open offset (6 run, 11 pass)
Trips (3 run, 12 pass)
Trips hbwk (6 run, 9 pass)
Trips offset (3 run, 7 pass)
Ytrips (5 run, 10 pass)
Ytrips hbwk (5 run, 7 pass)

Pistol:
Slot (6 run, 12 pass)
Slot flex (7 run, 8 pass)
Wing offset (7 run, 5 pass)
Wing trips (5 run, 7 pass)

Goalline (8 runs, 4 pass)

Total of 25 sets and 365 plays.

Run game is primarily inside zone and zone reads, with power O and triple option from the pistol. Jet sweeps from the gun and pistol. Counter from gun and pistol.

Also have QB draw and power in places where available.

Pass game is combination of air raid and west coast staples. I don't have the most sophisticated understanding of what works better vs man or zone but I like to run things like stick, flood, smash, flanker drive, SE drive. Have plays like QB Sonya Check and Comeback Post and Slot Out from NrmlWk to replicate the big downfield shots they took seemingly all the time.

I incorporated the formations with the TE flexed into the slot to try to replicate the Thadd Moss effect.

I felt like I saw LSU primarily in 11 personnel dressed as 10 so I combined that stuff.

Tried to resist my natural inclination toward spread-I and triple-option but the hback/wingback formations probably betray some of that.

Might could take goalline out. I don't really use it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2020, 03:46 PM   #112
Rookie

JYPrecise's Arena

Appreciate the effort. I feel as though this playbook could be very versatile. If you wanted to, you could be more of an Air Raid team with plays like Stick, Flood, Shallow Cross, etc. You could also run more of an spread option kind of offense with QB Wraps, Speed Option, etc. I normally take out Goal-Line and Hail Mary. I feel as though Ace Bunch is a bit more versatile compared to Goal-Line in my opinion. But to each their own. Again, thank you so much. I can't wait to try this out.
"Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" Jesus Shuttlesworth

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »