Home

Which Defensive Position To User???

This is a discussion on Which Defensive Position To User??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2019, 02:17 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Which Defensive Position To User???

On NCAA Football 14, it feels like whatever defensive position I user, I usually mess it compared to when I don't user it. Let me explain. I think being a DT or a DE can't mess up much. I rarely ever get sacks, and I play on Varsity. I know I wouldn't be good as any coverage position, because, well.. I would always be OUT OF POSITION. Maybe a blitzing LB. Doesn't seem to do much. So, check this out. When I am not these positions, things happen. I played DE for 3 quarters with no success. When I said, let me try another position. The DE started getting sacks. So, give me some good news on how to make the most of playing defense and which position to user.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2019, 02:59 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Which Defensive Position To User???

I typically played as the MLB or the weak side backer in all football games, but this year I bought Madden for the first time since 16 and decided that I wasn't going to do that anymore since I was making 77 overall LBs play at a high level. Now what I do in Madden is make 3 players on defense my captains. Either the 3 highest rated players or the 2 highest rated players and a veteran with super high awareness. I then only user those guys the entire season. That makes my 90 overall players produce at a high level which makes more sense and it makes them truly impact players like they should be.

When I eventually come back to NCAA I am going to do a similar thing if I don't do an offense only dynasty. I'll user the highest rated player or two on the defense so that I am not making my 72 overall MLB an AA.

― Plato
Old 01-02-2019, 03:47 PM   #3
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2

I always play DT and don’t switch mid-play. I found that switching mid-play would often take the defender I took over out of the play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2019, 03:56 PM   #4
Pro

I was going to say something about that. It seemed in earlier versions, the CPU would tackle the player the user position missed. Now, if I miss the runner or receiver, the CPU controlled positions just stand there and look at them headed towards the end zone.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:39 PM   #5
Pro

I user the MLB most of the time. I let the CPU do the initial movement because if I do it it's usually out of position. Letting the CPU do it and then moving when you're comfortable works the best for me. For teams who abuse the read option I user the end on whatever side the RB is on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

I prefer to let User D play out naturally, so I usually just select a safety and don't touch anything.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:46 PM   #7
Pro

Hey guys. Thanks. I was also doing the strategy of letting the lineman or MLB making the first initial move. Then, I take over.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:41 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
Hey guys. Thanks. I was also doing the strategy of letting the lineman or MLB making the first initial move. Then, I take over.

Some people just let the cpu play the whole way. It's really what feels best to you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »