Home

The NCAA is Investigating Whether or Not It’s Time to Bring NCAA Football Back

This is a discussion on The NCAA is Investigating Whether or Not It’s Time to Bring NCAA Football Back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2019, 01:23 AM   #121
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: The NCAA is Investigating Whether or Not It’s Time to Bring NCAA Football Back

LBJ has gotten behind this and so many Athletes are on board as well. So I'm hoping the NCAA see the era of their ways and open the doors and get even more money by doing it..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2019, 01:41 PM   #122
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The NCAA is Investigating Whether or Not It’s Time to Bring NCAA Football Back

Time for Mark Emmert to step down we need fresh blood as head of the NCAA. Let's be honest we all know these kids are getting paid when 5-6 years ago maybe not all of us knew for sure.

It's time to change the culture completely because now there is a really bad black market of underground payments that has completely spiraled out of control. Some of these kids are literally being sold by their own parents to the highest bidder on some occasions. Bring the video games back give these kids a cut, a big cut. Allow these kids to make money off of jersey sales. Something has to be done because they're getting money under the table anyway so the concept of the student athlete is long dead, at least in football and basketball it is.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:16 AM   #123
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Time for Mark Emmert to step down we need fresh blood as head of the NCAA. Let's be honest we all know these kids are getting paid when 5-6 years ago maybe not all of us knew for sure.

It's time to change the culture completely because now there is a really bad black market of underground payments that has completely spiraled out of control. Some of these kids are literally being sold by their own parents to the highest bidder on some occasions. Bring the video games back give these kids a cut, a big cut. Allow these kids to make money off of jersey sales. Something has to be done because they're getting money under the table anyway so the concept of the student athlete is long dead, at least in football and basketball it is.
I agree.
We all know that most of these players are getting paid some how or are receiving special benefits(like grades). That has been the culture. By allowing players to make money off their own NIL, that should reduce the amount of underground business. It will still happen, but that allowing compensation is the first option.
That's why you are starting to see some top high school basketball players trending to overseas or G-League. Less national spotlight, but ability to get paid right away and performing well against professional athletes looks good for scouts. I can see XFL having an impact. XFL doesn't have to wait 3 years to go after a college player. They can go after a Freshman or Sophomore if they wanted. If XFL can maintain and have some success, thats an avenue for college players to consider. Colleges players could play one year and go to XFL for at least 2 years and get paid. They would get spotlight in XFL regardless if they starred in CFB. They would get scouted by NFL, and if they perform well against grown men trying to make name of themselves, it speeds up process. I don't know if they would be still subjected to draft, but it would if they could skip it and go straight to tryouts, thats a better route.
So I think there is too much outside pressure for nothing to happen. But I do think change is needed at the top
Old 09-10-2019, 08:51 AM   #124
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

Tell me I'm wrong but I kould swear I just seen on ESPN that the bill was passed in California..So If donuts open for things to start up for EA To get back in
Old 09-10-2019, 09:11 AM   #125
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
Tell me I'm wrong but I kould swear I just seen on ESPN that the bill was passed in California..So If donuts open for things to start up for EA To get back in
The bill passed 72-0. Now the bill will return to the State Senate and likely head to the Gov. who has 30 days to veto it or sign it. Which with California being so progressive I would imagine it is highly likely for him to sign it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2019, 10:15 AM   #126
MVP

OVR: 38

I haven't been very active here in recent years, mostly because I pretty much quit play football games altogether. Madden just doesn't scratch the football itch for me anymore, it is to monetized very little thing in Madden is about money right down to the loading screens. The atmosphere of Madden and maybe pro football in general doesn't get me hyped up when put into a video game.The fact is, Madden just seems to disappoint me every year so I just quit buying it and just quit keeping track of it on here.

Now every couple months all just do a quick google search on a NCAA football video game, then I'll hop on here to read through the seemingly endless threads and community support for NCAA 14. Then I will go through this phase were I am dead set on buy an Xbox 360 just to play NCAA again, it has yet to happen. I will then some what suffice that itch by watching others play it on youtube, because I don't wanna spend that much money on an Xbox 360, the urge goes away for a little while. This cycle has been repeating itself since NCAA 14, but it is starting to occur more frequently. NCAA is one of those rare games that you just have to play when you get the itch too or it will just keep growing inside of you.

I bought, or my mom when I was younger, every NCAA football game ever made. It has become a part of my childhood, from creating my own team with all my best friends as players to beating everybody the came over to my house for a sleep over, from me laying on my living room floor playing NCAA as my dad walked by stopping to help me pick out a play and telling me how that play was suppose to work in a football way to having him called the defensive side of the ball as we both celebrated when we beat the number one ranked team in the nation with Tulane. My fondest memories of my childhood were filled with sleepovers that involved more NCAA than actual sleep.

As I grew up into my early teens I grew away from NCAA football video games, however I would still buy it every single year but my friend group also grew away from NCAA. You guys know the age old story of you no longer being great friends with your childhood friends as you age and grow into yourselves.

Fast forwarding to high school. I am living in my own house at the time I was 17, one of my friends I had met earlier in high school would come over nearly all the time. We would play Madden but lose interest in it in a few weeks, during one of these come downs off Madden I suggested we pop in NCAA and mess around. That's when it all started EVERY SINGLE DAY we played, I will never forget our first dynasty me as Michigan State him playing as Michigan. We would sit on my couch and watch each other play the other persons game cheering them on the whole time, from me jumping out of my seat breaking a glass full of milk when he returned a kick for a touchdown to beat Notre Dame as time expired to him sitting there on the edge of his seat more nervous than me as I drive down the field in under 1:30 to get our first win over our arch rival Ohio State. Oh boy was Michigan vs Michigan State week fun, everyone of those damn games came down to the wire, it usually determined the Big 10 champion. The players we recruited became folk legend in our NCAA world. There was this one athlete he recruited, Patrick Patrick (yes that was his actual name), he had like 90 speed and my friend put him at TE and proceeded to destroy me with him.... To this day I still hate Patrick Patrick, and there were sooooo many other players that will live on in our rivalry. The amount of great memories I have from my teenage years that focus around NCAA are astounding. From fighting over the same recruits, the Big 10 championship coming down to our intense rivalry game, sitting on my couch cheering him on as he tries to beat Ohio State, us exploding off of my couch as a throw a 50/50 ball down the sideline with 30 seconds left to set me up with the game winning FG over Notre Dame, both of us going to Walmart at midnight to pick the game up, playing the Mascot game as we wait for named rosters to be released, super late nights that turned into super late mornings and some missed school as we played nearly an entire season in one night, that one time a massive snow storm dumped feet of snow shutting the small town we lived in down for a week but we didn't care it was just more time to play NCAA.... There are just too many to name.

NCAA didn't create this friendship, we were already friends before we played. It however was one of the main reason our friendship turned into a being best friends, that lives on to this day. He joined the Air Force and moved far away, however we are still best of friends. I was there on his wedding day as his best man, 1500 miles away from home, giving him a playful "Go Big Blue" as I walked out of the room he was getting ready in to take my place in the wedding. Yes we still played a Madden franchise every year, I go see him 1500 miles away every so often, he comes back to visit his home town and me every other year. And you know what? Every damn time I see him or talk to him the conversation some how ends up on our NCAA playing days and wishing and hoping for a new one to come out.

This post was full of nostalgia, but in between that is what I think made NCAA great. Battling for recruits with your friends, playing big games against your friends, trying to transform schools into powerhouses, being worried about playing a home game against Michigan cause you could never tell which damn play you called thanks to the crowd. Madden just becomes stale after a few years into franchise, you are never fighting to stay on top once you reach that level. Madden as been focusing more on the E Sports crowd, where as I always felt like NCAA focused more on the two best friends sitting on the couch trying to build their own dynasties in a fun little fake football world that spilled out into the real world.

Please bring back NCAA

Sincerely two NCAA junkies from way back when.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:30 PM   #127
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
The bill passed 72-0. Now the bill will return to the State Senate and likely head to the Gov. who has 30 days to veto it or sign it. Which with California being so progressive I would imagine it is highly likely for him to sign it.
Wow..Man I bet EA has their eyes on this. This will help Madden moving forward
Old 09-10-2019, 04:55 PM   #128
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
Wow..Man I bet EA has their eyes on this. This will help Madden moving forward
Definitely would help Madden. Where they can test out new features on NCAA and have them fixed and patched by time Madden comes out.

Still a process though. That California bill by won't take affect until 3 years. Hopefully if NCAA finally caves in, that it immediately goes in affect by next season. But I doubt it would. Still too much that has to happen before we even think about a game. I don't think EA can do anything until law passes completely and they get the license. So if it takes 2-3 years for it to take affect, we pretty much will have to add another 1-2 years for developments. So we can be 3-5 years away from even thinking about game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »