Home

Any new conference realignment ideas?

This is a discussion on Any new conference realignment ideas? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2019, 12:24 AM   #17
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Any new conference realignment ideas?

Random setup I went with when starting my dynasty. Mix of current, pre-realignment, and old school with new twists.

ACC North
Spoiler

ACC South
Spoiler

AAC North
Spoiler

AAC South
Spoiler

Big 12 North
Spoiler

Big 12 South
Spoiler

Big Ten East
Spoiler

Big Ten West
Spoiler

CUSA East
Spoiler

CUSA West
Spoiler

Independents
Spoiler

MAC East
Spoiler

MAC West
Spoiler

MWC Mountain
Spoiler

MWC West
Spoiler

PAC-12 North
Spoiler

PAC-12 South
Spoiler

SEC East
Spoiler

SEC West
Spoiler

Sun Belt
Spoiler

Nothing too crazy but I really enjoy it. I want to get the Big Ten to 14 teams somehow but the best I can think of is Pitt and West Virginia to the Big Ten East with Indiana going West, and the ACC gets two teams from the AAC. Might have to wait until a couple teams start to stand out because no one has been that consistent. I'd also send some teams from the MAC to the AAC to keep them at 12 with a CCG.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 11-20-2019, 02:53 PM   #18
Pro

I've seen some do it by geography. Depends on how many playoff teams you do. If you do 8, you can split the teams up in to 8 geographic regions, 1 teams each. The other conferences you can have a minimum of 4 teams I believe and 1 independent.

So you'll have 8 conferences of 14 teams (112 teams) and the worst teams will fill out the other two conferences. Each season, the top 8 teams from the lesser conferences will replace the bottom 8 teams from each main conference. A sort of relegation league.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:43 PM   #19
MVP

I have a regional set up I sorta like except I end up with a twelve team conference that's all MAC plus OSU, Mich, and Michigan State.

The Big XII ends up the All-Texas conference and that's pretty fly. The ACC becomes all the Florida schools plus the Georgia and South Carolina schools. Pac-12 becomes all Cali + Oregon schools, Washington schools, and Hawaii. I make the CUSA a composite Big-8/Big Ten; the MWC is like the AZ, Colorado, Nevada, and other far west schools. MAC becomes the Mid-Atlantic conference; it's like North Carolinas and Virginias and Maryland and some Appalachian schools. AAC becomes like northeastern conference.

I'll find my notes or post pictures. What happened to the old thread on this?

Anyway, right now I've got the country split into five tiers of East and West conferences. Tier six is Independents. Top three are promoted every year. Bottom three demoted.

Been thinking since hearing a podcast about putting Ark and A&M back in the BigXII. Probably would just move Missouri to the West, I guess. Had also thought of keeping the fourteen and switching Auburn with Missouri but I'm over it.

The only conferences I really care about the consistency of in real life are the SEC and Pac-12, and that's honestly pretty flexible. I guess the Big Ten. I'm glad they're doing East-West instead of Leaders-Legends. Definitely not the ACC (it doesn't even make geographic sense in real life).

I like the SEC West. If I were to kick out four teams from where that conference is at to make it round robin, it'd probably be A&M, Vandy, Arkansas, and Missouri. But after seventeen years, I'd say Arkansas has developed real rivalries. And I really like A&M playing LSU annually.

The Pac-12 is difficult because in real life the California teams are protected rivals and no one else is and there's not a real way to simulate that except like alternate protected rivals between the four of them, but then they're only playing eight conference games. The SEC the only cross-divisional rivals I care about are Florida-LSU and Auburn-Georgia.

Last edited by nofx94; 11-22-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:12 PM   #20
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

I think I’m going to do a mid-90’s setup with the Bowl Alliance. I’ll need to see if I can get the WAC to schedule properly so I don’t have to do it every season, which I’ve never been able to do.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:43 PM   #21
Pro

I'm thinking about trying a new idea with this Major Regions map: https://www.google.com/search?q=majo...KTsjtyTMbYMDM:

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 11-21-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2019, 08:46 AM   #22
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I'm thinking about trying a new idea with this Major Regions map: https://www.google.com/search?q=majo...KTsjtyTMbYMDM:
“Rust Belt” isn’t a region haha
Old 11-22-2019, 02:41 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
“Rust Belt” isn’t a region haha
It is now lol.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:54 PM   #24
Rookie

15ccall's Arena

OVR: 9

Go By Alphabetical Order and give every conference access to a BCS Bowl.
10 Conferences, 126 Teams= 12 Teams in each of the conferences and 6 Independents. Just pick 6 teams to be independent. I usually do the 3 Service Academies, NMSU, Idaho, and Umass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »