Home

Expect GT and Militaries to be successful

This is a discussion on Expect GT and Militaries to be successful within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2019, 01:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Expect GT and Militaries to be successful

Is it just me or does anybody else ever catch themselves lifting an eyebrow and being shocked when IN REAL LIFE I see Georgia Tech and the Military Schools NOT doing successful lol... so used to these teams dominating in NCAA sim, that it’s almost weird to see them sucking IRL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2019, 03:52 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Expect GT and Militaries to be successful

Toning down option team success

Keeping military schools and GT from becoming dominant

Last edited by mercalnd; 11-30-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Rieux's Arena

I'm sure the threads linked in the first reply cover this, so I suppose I'm just seconding it, but editing their coaches (HC, OC and DC, for when any of 'em get hired at other schools) to use playbooks like Run Balanced pretty much resolves the issue.

Personally I just give GT and all academies the Air Force PB, since it contains enough passing plays to prevent a team from Triple Option-ing their way to the NCG. I know others prefer not to repeat books and use the aforementioned Run Balanced on one team, maybe Spread Option on another, etc., but I like giving them all Air Force's - since it does the job while also remaining true to the service academy style of offense. I suppose Run Balanced would be good enough for GT.

The linked threads will also discuss options like editing the coaches up to 65/35 run/pass (65 run, 35 pass) and keeping these teams out of the indies, to make sure they'll always have a reasonable schedule. Another option that may not be covered in those linked threads, though - I like to keep auto-save OFF and save every week, then restart if too many unrealistic upsets happen once I've moved to the next week, or a team like one of the service academies gets an unrealistic upset. In that case, from my saved file from the previous week, I'll play the academy's game as their opponent and make sure I beat 'em to keep the realism going.

I don't remember doing that beat-them-manually trick all that much in '14, though. In my experience just giving them a PB like Air Force's works fine.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:49 AM   #4
Rookie

As we know, the game has already predetermined the scores for the following week's games. But if you use the DB / generic editor, you can click the schedule tab, set the columns GFFU to 1, and GMFX to 0 during the preseason phase, and it will stop the game from doing that. This means that when you sim CPU games and see something like this:

FCS EAST 28
ALABAMA 3

You can say, not so fast there wise guy CPU, back out, reload your dynasty and sim the game again to get a different result. This would also be a way to keep the option teams from running amok. I believe the user khaliib discovered this and a ton of other knowledge years ago. Again this adjustment must be made during the preseason phase.

What I plan to do is, again w/ the editor, set all Army / Navy / AF players as having already used their redshirt years. This will mean no 5th year of progression or attribute boosts, and it is fairly realistic as the service academies generally don't redshirt anyone.

They also have strict weight requirements, so I will go in and check their rosters once recruiting is over for any players who are too heavy at each postion for whatever seems like a reasonable weight. I think I read that 265 is the max weight for Air Force linemen. So if I cut those players early in the offseason, they should be replaced by walk-ons who will be rated much (MUCH) lower. By doing this I hope to keep the service academies neutered a bit without changing playbooks and potentially throwing their stats out of whack - whether it works or not remains to be seen.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Von Dozier (post #3) is what I do in the second link. By reducing the QB accuracy to about 50 will have them run as often as they do in real life. Often, QBs who can throw are disinterested in signing with them because they want to go to passing schools. I do this in my initial season and then these teams are ranked about as often as they are in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #6
Rookie

I made all the armed forces have the AF playbook and put them all in the Conference USA same division. That way they are forced to play each other. I also changed both coordinators for GT to a different playbook in order to stop them from starting that at a different school. Finally, I make sure I schedule GT every year until Paul Johnson retires. I also bumped his age to 68 to increase retirement chances.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:34 PM   #7
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Spiderman
As we know, the game has already predetermined the scores for the following week's games. But if you use the DB / generic editor, you can click the schedule tab, set the columns GFFU to 1, and GMFX to 0 during the preseason phase, and it will stop the game from doing that. This means that when you sim CPU games and see something like this:

FCS EAST 28

ALABAMA 3

You can say, not so fast there wise guy CPU, back out, reload your dynasty and sim the game again to get a different result. This would also be a way to keep the option teams from running amok. I believe the user khaliib discovered this and a ton of other knowledge years ago. Again this adjustment must be made during the preseason phase.

Or you can super sim the entire game after restarting. Doing that results in random outcomes from what I've seen. Usually the right outcome.

Sent from 713

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »