Home

Modding has finally arrived in NCAA 14 - a preview

This is a discussion on Modding has finally arrived in NCAA 14 - a preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2020, 08:20 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Modding has finally arrived in NCAA 14 - a preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker06
You can run OSU through teambuilder for now using the db editor. That's what I do for Nebraska.
Can you explain to me how to do this, in laymans terms? I have a Mac and a PS3, if that matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2020, 08:57 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0

Basically start a dynasty and insert a teambuilder team. You still select ohio state for your user controlled team. In the editor, change your "college stadium " field to CASXXX. Even though the field is called college stadium, it's for uniforms. On the uniforms tab, change the team ID from the TB team you inserted to Ohio state for both. Now you can change Ohio states uniforms while keeping your current roster, team history and all that jazz. It's pretty cool. There is another thread how to mod those uniforms or you type in the # for OSU's helmet, jerseys and pants in their respective fields. For Nebraska i used NC states old pants to still have the Adidas logo but no pants stripes.

Last edited by tucker06; 03-30-2020 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:30 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker06
Basically start a dynasty and insert a teambuilder team. You still select ohio state for your user controlled team. In the editor, change your "college stadium " field to CASXXX. Even though the field is called college stadium, it's for uniforms. On the uniforms tab, change the team ID from the TB team you inserted to Ohio state for both. Now you can change Ohio states uniforms while keeping your current roster, team history and all that jazz. It's pretty cool. There is another thread how to mod those uniforms or you type in the # for OSU's helmet, erseys and pants in their respective fields. For Nebraska i used NC states old pants to still have the Adidas logo but no pants stripes.
Thanks for the step-by-step Tuck.

Pics if you can, visuals really help.

I love Florida St grass pattern because Ben had some extra love put towards their grass cause it looks really natural compared to other grass teams.

Have something related to creating a true Player Burst defined by whatever metric you want to use.
- player size/weight
- by position
or whatever one wants.

Very impactful upon Player Differentiation and gameplay that’s tucked away inside the Player tab.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:31 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
If you could remove the ugly base layer underneath the Ohio State home jersey, you would be an absolute hero!

If you can describe in some more detail exactly what you want changed then I can post a preview of how it will look. Aiming to get the full tutorial out by this Friday. There are just some people I'm talking to right now that I'm asking for help to figure out how to make some files viewable

Also I made a discovery and found a way to extract more files, the only downside is that the script for that uses a different name scheme which means I'll eventually have to completely redo the spreadsheet

For example the mix/match files (if you're familiar with madden modding) are much easier to access this way, but I'll probably ask for the community's help on that when I start re-writing it. Definitely posting tutorial video before doing that though
Old 03-31-2020, 07:45 AM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorwalks
If you can describe in some more detail exactly what you want changed then I can post a preview of how it will look. Aiming to get the full tutorial out by this Friday. There are just some people I'm talking to right now that I'm asking for help to figure out how to make some files viewable

Also I made a discovery and found a way to extract more files, the only downside is that the script for that uses a different name scheme which means I'll eventually have to completely redo the spreadsheet

For example the mix/match files (if you're familiar with madden modding) are much easier to access this way, but I'll probably ask for the community's help on that when I start re-writing it. Definitely posting tutorial video before doing that though
Nebraska with Western Kentuckys red socks
Old 03-31-2020, 09:24 AM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Thanks for the step-by-step Tuck.

Pics if you can, visuals really help.

I love Florida St grass pattern because Ben had some extra love put towards their grass cause it looks really natural compared to other grass teams.

Have something related to creating a true Player Burst defined by whatever metric you want to use.
- player size/weight
- by position
or whatever one wants.

Very impactful upon Player Differentiation and gameplay that’s tucked away inside the Player tab.
check out the 'how to mod uniforms' thread. I don't want to clutter this one as much as I already have....
Old 04-01-2020, 12:32 AM   #31
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhsrudy4
Yo if this is legit I could possibly save you a lot of time and effort. I created the D105 Mod for Madden 20 PC and have 82 out of 105 teams done so far. If you can provide me some sample uniform files I can look at them and see how they compare to M20 files what would be need to convert them to NCAA 14. I played around with extracting NCAA 14 but couldn't figure out how to extract the uniform files right away so I gave up after a couple hours and went back to working on this.

Heres a link to The D105 severer if you want to see more screenshots of what I've been able to do.

https://discord.gg/G5t6kk8

Screenshots

Rudy, this looks unreal. I was checking through the discord and poking around the various threads. Where would be the best place to learn how to use this mod? The tutorials tab? Is there an explicit list of software needed to run/implement the mod (other than a PC capable of running Madden 20)?

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2020, 12:38 AM   #32
Rookie

hhsrudy4's Arena

OVR: 2

Yea just use the installation tutorial and there's also a modding guide for begginners in the #Tools channel.
All you need is
-Madden 20
-Frosty Mod Manager
-D105 Mod (The most updated version posted in #updates)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »