Home

Why is NCAA 06 considered the best PS2 Version?

This is a discussion on Why is NCAA 06 considered the best PS2 Version? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2020, 09:42 PM   #1
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

OVR: 9
Why is NCAA 06 considered the best PS2 Version?

I'm curious, I've only played 09 and 11, and the game looks similar on the outside. Is there that big of a difference? Can someone explain?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2020, 11:58 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Why is NCAA 06 considered the best PS2 Version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrmlb
I'm curious, I've only played 09 and 11, and the game looks similar on the outside. Is there that big of a difference? Can someone explain?
I also love '09, but have recently declared '06 as my favorite in the entire series. Two reasons off the top of my head:

1 - Kicking game: The old 3-button style instead of the automatic stick kicking.

2 - AI actually having the "I": The intelligence of the non-USER controlled players in '06, I feel, is truly unmatched. You'll see a CPU QB spin out of a sack, actually scramble outside of the pocket, and throw a dart to a now open WR. In the much overrated '14, you'll never see a CPU QB do anything close to this. Once they scramble, it's straight up the gut 99% of the time, and they will NEVER, EVER throw a pass after scrambling. That's just one example of how superior the AI is, though there are others. I don't believe it's as good in '09 or '11 either. Though, as I've stated somewhere before, '09 followed by '11 are the best super-sims in the series (the only two that seem even remotely realistic, sans onside kick situations), and as such, are the only editions that I will play a road to glory/race for the heisman mode in.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:16 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I also love '09, but have recently declared '06 as my favorite in the entire series. Two reasons off the top of my head:

1 - Kicking game: The old 3-button style instead of the automatic stick kicking.

2 - AI actually having the "I": The intelligence of the non-USER controlled players in '06, I feel, is truly unmatched. You'll see a CPU QB spin out of a sack, actually scramble outside of the pocket, and throw a dart to a now open WR. In the much overrated '14, you'll never see a CPU QB do anything close to this. Once they scramble, it's straight up the gut 99% of the time, and they will NEVER, EVER throw a pass after scrambling. That's just one example of how superior the AI is, though there are others. I don't believe it's as good in '09 or '11 either. Though, as I've stated somewhere before, '09 followed by '11 are the best super-sims in the series (the only two that seem even remotely realistic, sans onside kick situations), and as such, are the only editions that I will play a road to glory/race for the heisman mode in.
Do you usually play on default sliders for the ps2 versions?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2020, 11:50 AM   #4
Rookie

Testifyy's Arena

I personally enjoyed NCAA 05 a lot, may be a bit biased as that was my first NCAA game, but 06 is a really great game too.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:07 PM   #5
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie525

I use sliders both. Playmakers ncaa 06 and my own for 09.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2020, 02:07 PM   #6
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testifyy
I personally enjoyed NCAA 05 a lot, may be a bit biased as that was my first NCAA game, but 06 is a really great game too.

Never played it, but I have the same problem. 07 was my first and I played it for years so it has a soft spot in my heart.

Old 05-20-2020, 02:09 PM   #7
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa

All great points man.

1. I like the 09 kicking mechanics. It feels the best, and with sliders it is still difficult.

2. Great point. Would you say ratings mattered more? Like you could feel Vince Young’s presence as opposed to say a random 76 scrambling QB? Also how’s dynasty?

Old 05-20-2020, 02:18 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie525

I do. Default Heisman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »