Home

Is anyone else concerned that EA has added no new sliders

This is a discussion on Is anyone else concerned that EA has added no new sliders within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-19-2024, 11:31 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Is anyone else concerned that EA has added no new sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeks
Not only are they the same old sliders, they still function just as poorly.

I thought I was done with EA after Madden 18, but against my better judgement, I bought this. I can't believe they couldn't improve the slider system in a decade. What a joke.
In all fairness and I'm not giving them a pass they did fix the penalties for this game.

I've seen all kinds of penalties that I didn't get in madden.

Also this game would have severely benefited with actual game speed slider like in the old NCAA game.

But I agree with you they had a decade away from the game and yet still came back with same basic *** sliders as if their development team doesn't even bother observing this aspect of their own gameplay.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-21-2024, 07:40 AM   #18
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

There should be about 70 new sliders by now. It’s the same as Madden. Lacking fo sho

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2024, 10:31 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

There should definitely be NBA 2k level type of sliders in Madden and CFB. Imagine being able to change the tendency for the CPU taking deep shots when facing a big arm QB or the tendency for the CPU when facing a scrambler QB who basically makes one read then takes off. Would make every game unique and challenging
Old 07-28-2024, 03:44 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Just curious and maybe it's just me. But despite having 10 years off from the game EA still didn't bother to add any new sliders.

You would think this down time would have allowed them to add further customization into their game.

I've spoken about this often in the madden forums. Their NHL game has added over 15+ additional sliders in the past decade to allow further customization to gameplay.

I feel like the football games are so far behind the times.

Tendency sliders would great

Can't increase ball carrier vision on the field.

Qb AI logic

Separate special teams sliders for blocking and pursuit would be great. We can't even select real fg% percentage on FG's by kickers.

2K has real FT's percentages based on players True FT's in real life.

That would seem like an easy addition for kickers

We can't control a lot if things on the field or AI play calling late in games or halfs because there's very few sliders.

I know the majority of consumers don't care about sliders and don't touch them. But most consumers looking for a SIM style gameplay experience immediately start working on sliders.

I don't mean to rant because I'm just as excited as the next guy to get the game back.

But I'm very dissatisfied that EA continues to ignore the gameplay options for customization despite having so much down time.

Welcome back fellas to college football
HELL YES Im concerned! This is shipping up to be a madden rescan with the same old madden story. NCAA 14 and before that was a completely different product than Madden. That is not what we have here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »