Home

Matt10's CFB 25 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's CFB 25 Sliders within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-21-2024, 06:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's CFB 25 Sliders

I’ll be honest, the sliders are fine but this game is next to impossible to play defense . Really hoping for an update that at the very least lowers the success of players below an 80 overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2024, 06:15 PM   #10
MVP

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Matt!!! Great to see you back my friend! Interesting to see what you got working here. It's been a long time since all of the testing we did for the community sliders back in the day!

Last edited by BallinVol; 07-21-2024 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-21-2024, 10:32 PM   #11
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

I know these were created for Heisman but I've been using them on All-American and been having a lot of fun. Tried out various matchups from fairly even sides, to being the underdog, to being the favored team. Most results have gone as you'd expected except when I make a bad play call or got anxious through into coverage. Only change is I'm the penalty sliders from another set as I went multiple games without seeing any penalties called. That could be down to being on AA though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2024, 12:13 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
I know these were created for Heisman but I've been using them on All-American and been having a lot of fun. Tried out various matchups from fairly even sides, to being the underdog, to being the favored team. Most results have gone as you'd expected except when I make a bad play call or got anxious through into coverage. Only change is I'm the penalty sliders from another set as I went multiple games without seeing any penalties called. That could be down to being on AA though.
Regarding penalties AA has nothing to do with it. Hesiman is like that too. Some games they only call 3 flags. I don’t understand why the game just don’t have random penalties through out the game.
Old 07-22-2024, 07:40 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValleyFranchise
Matt,

Thank you so much buddy! Been using your Madden and FIFA sliders for years now. Will you be working on an All American set as well?
I'm not sure if I'll be doing an AA set. I've only played default Heisman, so I'm not sure what would need adjusting for AA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Good to see you back for this game. Feels nostalgic having a new slider set from you for a college game. Between you, armor, playmaker, jkits, I feel like I'm back in a time machine and I love it.

Between all the names above, just about anyone should be able to find a slider set they enjoy on OS. You guys always do great and always have unique approaches which is what makes it cool as well.

If only we had custom stadium sounds and had Auburn Alumni making packs for all the teams, then it'd be exactly like old times.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Good to see you, canes. I think we're all embracing a game that has everything for everybody. Having a blast doing it too. Agree 100% on the custom stadium sounds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychedelicTrip
Just tried these out. Got to say, I like these sliders alot after 1 game. There were a couple of plays where my defender just stood there and let the ball carrier go by him, but it only happened twice from what I remember. So maybe tweaking the tackling or pass coverage slider up a point or 2 will help that.

Going back to the game. Was playing with ND. Lost 31-28 at USC. First half both offenses were clicking. Went into the half tied at 21. The second half was a barn burner. Took until the 4th quarter for either of us to score. AI definitely makes adjustments to what you are doing. Running and passing felt really good. Overall these are great.
I agree, the AI figures you out fairly quick. I was in a game where my RB was racking up 5-6 yards a carry, and I just thought I'd do that the entire time. Wasn't the case as they started stacking up at the LOS and he finished with 30 carries for 67yards or something like that. I just wanted to see what they'd do - and I'm glad they performed the way I had hoped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
Matt!!! Great to see you back my friend! Interesting to see what you got working here. It's been a long time since all of the testing we did for the community sliders back in the day!
Hey Ballin - good to see you. Those were some days, man. I was a new dad at the time and had a lot of time on my hands with NCAA during parental leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
That's interesting, thanks for trying that Jrn. Yeah I'm not sure about penalties on other difficulties as I've only played Heisman, so who knows. I think threshold/parity makes a big difference as a starting point because it separates the players from eachother, so it's more visually evident when an infraction occurs.

Couple from a test game:

https://streamable.com/6vie4o

https://streamable.com/1lcydr
Old 07-22-2024, 07:53 AM   #14
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisAC12
I’ll be honest, the sliders are fine but this game is next to impossible to play defense . Really hoping for an update that at the very least lowers the success of players below an 80 overall.

You need to use adjustments. This game will punish you if you stick to the same plays and don't mix up your defenses. I am terrible at this but learning as I go and figuring out what each adjustment does.
Old 07-22-2024, 09:48 AM   #15
Rookie

Sliders feel great! I did knock down QB Accuracy & WR Catching from 45 to 42. I may end up at 43 but this game was awesome, most incompletions came from QB pressures/ throwaways.

Only real issue is not with sliders, JMU just ran hurry up offense continually so the Time of Possession numbers were a little wonky (I had about 2x compared to JMU).

Turnovers were 2 for JMU (cpu) and 1 for Charlotte (user).

Also this game was played in Dynasty and not Play Now, I know that EA games can play differently between game modes.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2024, 10:50 AM   #16
Rookie

What are your settings when it comes to the gameplay aids (ball hawk, heat seeker, etc) and are these made with revamped/placement & accuracy or classic passing in mind?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »