Home

Mizzou24s varsity cpu vs cpu sliders

This is a discussion on Mizzou24s varsity cpu vs cpu sliders within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-31-2024, 02:09 PM   #9
MVP

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Mizzou24s varsity cpu vs cpu sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb7623
I think this set is very close. Here's my feedback...

1. Pass Block, I raised to 45. 42 seemed a bit too much. I think the other team sacked me 5 times in the first half. 50 was non-existent, lucky to get 2 and relied heavily on blitzing. 42 - 45 seems like the sweet spot

2. Raised WR Catch to 59. Stole this setting from someone else. Drops in real life range from like 2 to 4 I think. The problem I have with it too low is I think it negates the Spectacular Catch ability. Like, it doesn't ever happen. At 59 I still get 2 to 4 drops per team, I've even had 5 once. But the best WRs with the higher catch ability really shine, so I wanted that.

3. I might lower tackle to 35. Just a personal preference but I love seeing the Big Slow TEs and RBs breaking tackles and dragging people. That's just a personal preference.

4. Going to continue monitoring run block but it's very close. 55 - 58 somewhere in that range. Combined with the tackle slider and the Speed Threshold will determine the best combination. Watch the TFL numbers here. If they get too high, your players on D will just dominate end of year awards.

5. Interceptions. 35 - 38. Monitor your playing style grade for CBs it will show you your team rankings for Int. If it's too high you'll have the same issue with awards.

5. I think you got the fatigue and auto subs nailed. This was the distribution of carries for both teams...

Team 1
RB1 - 12 carries
RB2 - 12

Team 2
RB1 - 13
RB2 - 13
RB3 - 4

Regarding injuries and Wear and Tear, I agree it's broke as designed but I think I found a compromise. 1st off if you turn off Wear and Tear injuries don't occur, like at all. I've set injuries to 100 with wear and tear off and nothing. With Wear and Tear on the Injury setting seems to work. My last game I set injuries to 60. There were about 2-3 minor injuries where guys were gone for a quarter or less, 2 injuries knocking out guys for the game, and 2 multi game injury for 4 weeks with a broken toe and another guy for 4 weeks. 60 might be too high, but it's a starting point.

The problem with Wear and Tear is the progressive accumulation part in my opinion. I think part is broke. Simulated games seem to impact wear and tear on players much more than played games. So my suggestion is after you play your games, turn wear and tear off and advance a week. It should clear all the progressive wear and tear of opposing teams and then you can turn it back on for your game. The key is to have wear and tear off before you advance to the next week so the effects are cleared. I'm going to test this to make sure. The other thing is that for simulated games, the CPU teams will get injuries regardless of wear and tear off or on.

Great job on these!
Awesome I’ll check out the suggestions and try it out. Thanks for the feedback. The thing I’m nervous about with pass blocking is yes there is sacks but a lot of times it’s just like the guys are stuck on the blockers for days already. It’s really frustrating. I think it has to do more with the cpu QBs not getting rid of the ball more so than the blocking.
Old 07-31-2024, 02:16 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Awesome I’ll check out the suggestions and try it out. Thanks for the feedback. The thing I’m nervous about with pass blocking is yes there is sacks but a lot of times it’s just like the guys are stuck on the blockers for days already. It’s really frustrating. I think it has to do more with the cpu QBs not getting rid of the ball more so than the blocking.
Yes. You're right about pass block. At 50 that's exactly what happened. Try 45, I think it's really close.

BTW I tried to see if you coukd reset the wear and tear effects and it doesn't work. Maybe the best thing to do is turn it off before advancing/simming. Or just leave it on. I'm not sure.
Old 07-31-2024, 02:19 PM   #11
MVP

Mizzou24's Arena

Quote:
Yes. You're right about pass block. At 50 that's exactly what happened. Try 45, I think it's really close.

BTW I tried to see if you coukd reset the wear and tear effects and it doesn't work. Maybe the best thing to do is turn it off before advancing/simming. Or just leave it on. I'm not sure.
Yeah I’m at a loss with wear and tear I just hope it gets added to the first big patch. And I’m hoping when they fix screens it also causes the QBs to deal with pressure a little better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2024, 02:30 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Yeah I’m at a loss with wear and tear I just hope it gets added to the first big patch. And I’m hoping when they fix screens it also causes the QBs to deal with pressure a little better.
What is the deal with screens? I've seen some QBs execute it consistently on RB screens. Other ones just backpedal and get sacked. I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe the Play is not there and they won't throw it away. I don't understand it. Also, the freaking reverses are broke. My team calls a reverse like 2 or 3 times a game and it's either a 5 yard loss or no gain everytime.
Old 07-31-2024, 02:33 PM   #13
MVP

Mizzou24's Arena

Quote:
What is the deal with screens? I've seen some QBs execute it consistently on RB screens. Other ones just backpedal and get sacked. I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe the Play is not there and they won't throw it away. I don't understand it. Also, the freaking reverses are broke. My team calls a reverse like 2 or 3 times a game and it's either a 5 yard loss or no gain everytime.
I think the screens is just certain ones are taking too long to get set up and the qb just keeps dropping til he gets sacked. Certain HB screens are working. And yeah reverses are abysmal along with most of the wr outside runs the cpu logic just isn’t there for them they end up trying to go up the middle lol.
Old 07-31-2024, 02:47 PM   #14
MVP

Mizzou24's Arena

Just finished up a test dynasty game LSU vs USC

38-20 LSU

Total of 117 plays

LSU 423 yards offense
191 rushing
232 passing 80% completion rate

USC
409 yards
68 rushing
341 passing at a 63% completion rate

USC thew two interceptions
1 sack the whole game by LSU

Overall pretty solid game I still feel with the hurry up offense a lot of times there’s too many plays for the sim engine however this one was about spot on so I don’t think I’m going to lower the accel clock.

I’m going to start testing some of the suggestions as well to see if we can find slightly more optimized settings.
Old 07-31-2024, 07:48 PM   #15
Rookie

RealityCalls84's Arena

OVR: 0

Good news: my HB ran for 105 yards on 21 attempts
Bad news: my QB got sacked 8 times by 6 different defenders and "ran" for -49 yards with those sacks, so the running game isn't viable
Even worse news: this was UNC against FCSSE

I'm having a really hard time taking sacks. No matter what team I use or whose sliders, just sack after sack after sack. We only got to their QB once. I don't get it??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2024, 07:53 PM   #16
MVP

Mizzou24's Arena

Testing one more game and then if all comes out well I’ll update the sliders on the front page really liking where I’ve got them at took some of the suggestions and some I didn’t like what I was seeing I’ll explain more when i update

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »