Home

Longest Win Streak in NCAA 2005 in Dynasty

This is a discussion on Longest Win Streak in NCAA 2005 in Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2005, 01:18 AM   #33
Pro

AugustWest71's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Longest Win Streak in NCAA 2005 in Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Thankfully, my longest streak is something like 10 games. The great thing about getting realistic results is that you can take a powerhouse like Miami or Oklahoma and go for a national championship, or have a completely different experience with a Sunbelt team.

For the dudes that can win 150 games and keep interested, god bless ya. Personally, I hate that feeling when I am halfway through a season and I realize that the CPU can't hang. It doesn't feel like college football anymore. It just feels like I have mastered a video game. It becomes a chore to play, and the game is soon on the shelf.

As for the guy that hasn't won the NC since the PS1, I don't think it is a bad thing. Every season there is something new to shoot for. I find it a bit anticlimatic to get a game and win a title right out of the box. Where do you go from there?
I agree 100% with you. I'd much rather lose all the time than win all the time. It gives me something to acheive.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:58 AM   #34
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks123789
are you serious winning that much ain't fun
Yep. Fun for me in a sports game is a combination of realism and challenge. Nothing beats a game 7 in a NHL/NBA or MLB game.....And I don't mean those situations when you play around with the CPU but can turn up the heat when you need to. I mean those series where you have to scrap and claw you way through every second of 7 grueling games.

I enjoy having reason to watch the out of town scores as I fight for a playoff spot or bowl bid.

I like overtime.

I like pulling off an upset. I don't mean beating a team that the CPU thinks is ranked better. I mean beating a team that really is better. A game where I have to play near perfect AND catch some breaks to squeeze out a narrow victory.

None of this stuff happens if I destroy the CPU every time.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:35 AM   #35
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Yep. Fun for me in a sports game is a combination of realism and challenge. Nothing beats a game 7 in a NHL/NBA or MLB game.....And I don't mean those situations when you play around with the CPU but can turn up the heat when you need to. I mean those series where you have to scrap and claw you way through every second of 7 grueling games.

I enjoy having reason to watch the out of town scores as I fight for a playoff spot or bowl bid.

I like overtime.

I like pulling off an upset. I don't mean beating a team that the CPU thinks is ranked better. I mean beating a team that really is better. A game where I have to play near perfect AND catch some breaks to squeeze out a narrow victory.

This ladies and gentlemen, is a REAL player. Nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2005, 10:03 AM   #36
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:

I like overtime.

Does everyone see how intelligent and insightful us Hawkeye fans are?? Just wanted to point that out in case all of you hadn't noticed, haha.

Seriously though, Mr. Cardot here has a great outlook on this whole matter. I play video game football/baseball/soccer/basketball for the same reasons I play them in real life, and watch them on tv: the excitement of victory, and the heartbreak of defeat. To me, what makes a game fun is knowing that if I don't play my best every time, even against the lesser schools/teams, I could lose, and possibly ruin my season.

It's all about the competition; and setting the skill lower to win 800 games in a row just doesn't do that for me at all. Hell, some of my most exciting seasons have come using a crappy team, and finishing 6-6 and just BARELY missing a bid for one of the lower tier bowl games. Trying so hard and coming up short just makes me want to get through the off season, snag some good recruits, and get started up on the next season as soon as possible!

At any rate, to each his own. Oh, and go Hawks!

Last edited by DickDalewood; 06-25-2005 at 10:06 AM.

Old 06-25-2005, 10:36 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:

I like overtime.

Thats what I always try to find when I play sports games, a balance between realism and challenge. But what usually happens with NCAA is that by the 4th or 5th season, I have the overall best team in the country and Im winning too easy. I personally like the feeling that you have to earn each win, which makes an undefeated season a lot more special because it was a great stretch where everything fell into place and the guys all played great. The only game so far where I have been able to be challenged in having a title season was NCAA 2005 because it was the first time I used sliders. The sliders kept the game challenging enough to where I wasnt winning the national title in my 2nd season starting about 12 true freshmen like I did on 2004. I finally won a title in the 4th season after going 8-4, 9-3, 10-2, I broke through, then I ended up going back to back titles, and the game fell into that mode where everything just got too easy. This year I definitely plan on using sliders, first on AA, then on Heisman, because I want to run a realistic dynasty. In real life, the "dynasty programs" dont win the title 5 years in a row, winning 60 straight games or something like that, it just doesnt happen, winnning one title is hard enough, so when you actually work hard and earn that title, its way more enjoyable.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:33 PM   #38
Rookie

gobucks123789's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by willdtarheeler
Thats what I always try to find when I play sports games, a balance between realism and challenge. But what usually happens with NCAA is that by the 4th or 5th season, I have the overall best team in the country and Im winning too easy. I personally like the feeling that you have to earn each win, which makes an undefeated season a lot more special because it was a great stretch where everything fell into place and the guys all played great. The only game so far where I have been able to be challenged in having a title season was NCAA 2005 because it was the first time I used sliders. The sliders kept the game challenging enough to where I wasnt winning the national title in my 2nd season starting about 12 true freshmen like I did on 2004. I finally won a title in the 4th season after going 8-4, 9-3, 10-2, I broke through, then I ended up going back to back titles, and the game fell into that mode where everything just got too easy. This year I definitely plan on using sliders, first on AA, then on Heisman, because I want to run a realistic dynasty. In real life, the "dynasty programs" dont win the title 5 years in a row, winning 60 straight games or something like that, it just doesnt happen, winnning one title is hard enough, so when you actually work hard and earn that title, its way more enjoyable.

excuse me, it might not be 60 games and 5 titles, but it is pretty close, and i seem to remember a certain high school football team that won a amazing 151 games in a row and won 12 state championships in a row

Top Three Longest Win Streaks In Ncaa History And The Teams That Ended Them

47 Oklahoma ............ 1953-57............... Notre Dame .................... 7-0

39 Washington .......... 1908-14............... Oregon St. ..................... 0-0

37 Yale ..................... 1890-93............... Princeton ...................... 6-0
Old 06-25-2005, 12:44 PM   #39
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

You're going back to the 50's?!?!?!?!? No team has done that in close to 50 years; very realistic...you're a joke.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:51 PM   #40
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks123789

excuse me, it might not be 60 games and 5 titles, but it is pretty close, and i seem to remember a certain high school football team that won a amazing 151 games in a row and won 12 state championships in a row

Top Three Longest Win Streaks In Ncaa History And The Teams That Ended Them
47 Oklahoma ............ 1953-57............... Notre Dame .................... 7-0

39 Washington .......... 1908-14............... Oregon St. ..................... 0-0

37 Yale ..................... 1890-93............... Princeton ...................... 6-0

I thought you were talking about NCAA, not high school? Your defense isn't good on the winning streaks either - 47 is the most and two teams that played 100 years ago. Did they even use the forward pass on these teams?

Seriously, if you have fun killing teams every game, by all means continue. However, most people on the board are looking for a challenge. Its like me playing basketball against my 9 year old nephew. I can jam on him all day if I want to on the small net and totally dominate. I don't see much fun in that though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »