Home

how to stop the fumbles?

This is a discussion on how to stop the fumbles? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2005, 02:02 PM   #1
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4
how to stop the fumbles?

I played UGA vs Mich last night, 9 min quarters on AA. Scoring was very realistic, but what drove me nuts were the 14 turnovers. Yes, 14 of them. I threw 4 picks (3 of which seemed like the psychic CPU with the MLB leaping to snag them) and 5 fumbles. Mich had 4 fumbles and 1 pick. I could understand a lot of fumbles if it was raining or if either team had poor backs, but the weather was perfect and all the backs were good.

Is anyone else seeing such a high number of fumbles? If so, is there a way to counter it without dramatically increasing RB ability? Mike Hart tore me up in that game, if I made him any better I'd never be able to compete.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2005, 03:09 PM   #2
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: how to stop the fumbles?

I've never had a problem with turnovers...some games just seem worse than others. I actually only play 6 min quarters and with my sliders the game plays very realistic stat wise for me.

I had a running back who was fumble prone and fumbled 8 times his junior year, and 9 his senior year...but I have an impact player now and he has no fumbles in the 1st three games. So I suppose it's just the player.

What's great is I was playing against #17 Cal and they were up 24-23 with just over a minute to go and playing "keep away". On 3rd down they decided to run with the FB up the gut and my LB lit the guy up and he fumbled. My DE jumped on it and I kicked a FG with :17 left to win by 2. I thought for sure I lost, and that was the first time I'd ever seen the computer fumble in a situation like that.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:05 PM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

The fumbles have been kind of hit or miss. Sometimes I'll have a game where there are a ton and then I'll go 2 or 3 games without having any. When it rains it pours.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

One thing very interesting about NCAA 06 is the huge variety in games and their course. I have seen turnover fests, I have seen games without any turnovers, Ive seen highscoring airing-it-out games, Ive seen ground battles with low scores, blowouts, nailbiters, games with unstoppable CPU passing, games with unstoppable CPU running, games where the CPU cant do anything on offense. Even though these variations seem almost scripted (which is a weakness) it makes it quite a fun game.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:57 AM   #5
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

One thing you really have to do, is if you're about to be hit by one of their impact players who is in the zone, you have to use the ball cover move (up on the right analog stick). Most of the fumbles I see are caused by their impact player on D, and even more so when he's in the zone. Use the ball cover and it should lessen the number of times you put the ball on the ground.

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2005, 10:02 AM   #6
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
The fumbles have been kind of hit or miss. Sometimes I'll have a game where there are a ton and then I'll go 2 or 3 games without having any. When it rains it pours.

Exactly, I can't seem to figure it out. This is the only way to describe it. I had so many fumbles in one game (I think it was 6 or 7, don't remember) in my Penn St. dynasty against Notre Dame, then didn't have one for the next three or four games.

I think 5 of them came from Hunt, my impact-RB who never fumbles. Yet some RB would barely touch him 25 yards down field and Hunt would cough it up. I think it had alot to do w. ND's HFA but I'm not sure. Regardless, it gets very annoying a times.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-16-2005, 02:05 PM   #7
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7

I believe fumbles happen more when you use sliders which have the CPU tackle slider higher than the Human RB ABL slider. Most sliders are adjusted
this way to tone down the human running game. However, more fumbles are
a nasty side effect. At default there are too many fumbles so making the
gap between RBA and TKL greater fumbles increase.
You can test this by simply using default sliders except bring the tackle slider
down to 25. You should see a decrease in fumbles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »