Home

Too many TO's

This is a discussion on Too many TO's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2005, 12:59 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
Too many TO's

Not Owens. Turnovers. My team has suddenly become sloppy & I have no idea why its started or how to stop it. Every other pass seems destined for the defense's hands. & I'm fumbling all the time, which is the most confusing. It started w/5 INT's @ Boston in a 25-35 mph wind. In the next 5 games, I've had 28 giveaways. Seventeen fumbles & lost 13. 9 in a row @ one time.

What's going on?

The fumbles is any player. FB, TE, HB, WR. 2 on defense after INT's. My RB's have mid 80 to low 90 CAR. Anyone else getting stuff like this?
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2005, 11:26 AM   #2
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Too many TO's

I never had a problem with turnovers until I read this post. My last game was Michigan @ Notre Dame (me) and there were 12 turnovers in the game, 6 by each team. They fumbled 5 times and threw 1 INT while I fumbled once and threw 5 picks.

This ended up being ranked #2 on my greatest games list. I came back from being down 22-5 and kicked a FG to send it into OT with no time left on the clock. They hit a FG in OT but I drove down and ran in a TD on 3rd and goal from the 1, winning 28-25.

I think the game overcompensates for weather effects. The game was played in heavy rain and wind. With the rain, the CPU constantly fumbles and they missed 1 FG and 2 XP's due to the wind. Another problem is that stupid QB screen play the CPU runs. Two of their fumbles came from that when the RB threw a backwards pass 10 feet over the QB, turning it into a fumble. Teams without an athletic QB shouldn't run that play.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:13 PM   #3
MVP

toychri's Arena

OVR: 8

It's random, you have to just keep going about your business. I will play a couple games in a row with no TO's for either side, then bam, I'll fumble twice and throw 4 picks.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:30 PM   #4
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

It definatley has something to do with the sliders. The last slider set I was using before I ditched the game had hardly any turnovers. I went three straight games in my PSU dynsaty without a TO for either team.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-15-2005, 01:00 PM   #5
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Funny thing is on mine, I have INT's set to 0 for both and there were still 6 picks. Although, a lot of this has to do with me throwing as I'm getting hit. This is a bad habit of mine. If the QB is hit when he throws, it's almost a guaranteed pick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2005, 11:48 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

For me, its the pass defense tipping the ball to themselves like rebounders on the glass. My defense always swats the ball to the ground.

The fumbles I just don't understand. I just ended the regular season w/21 fumbles, worst in the nation. 51 TO's total. Again last. Thankfully, I led the nation in takeaways. Still -4 for the year.

No one has any hints on how to clean this up? What in the sliders should be changed? I have INT's @ 0 right now.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 11-16-2005, 08:04 AM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I don't concern myself with user int's as I blame them squarely on myself. I have the INT slider at 50 for both sides.

As for the fumbles, hopefully they will implement fumble, stamina and injury sliders in the future but I really don't have a problem with it. I can't believe you had 21 fumbles! Man that's a ton of fumbles. I had six or seven fumbles in one game early in my dynasty when most of my starters were rookies (it was on the road as well with HFA on) but usually don't see a major problem with this. I doubt I lose 10 fumbles all year and its probably closer to 6 or 7. I know it would be less than 1 per game.

Who is doing your fumbling? Is it your QB or kick returners? I only use running backs in the return game since they are much better at holding onto the ball. I also fair catch any punts where I'm going to be drilled. Most QBs and WRs have ball security in the 50's (I think) where running backs are usually at least an 80. I like running the option but taking big shots with your QB can result in fumbles.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:38 AM   #8
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

I barely ever fumble, but when I do it's usually when I hand off to my full-back or when I get hit right before trying to throw with my QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »