Home

IGN:Masterbit HD NCAA video

This is a discussion on IGN:Masterbit HD NCAA video within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2006, 11:53 PM   #25
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: IGN:Masterbit HD NCAA video

It downloaded relatively quickly for me for some reason. 8+min of gameplay. It looks better than IGN's vids from yesterday. They're still too much in love w/the pass; I think there were only 2-3 runs at the most so difficult to get a feel on the total game. Was no taking off 20yds backwards at least. OL pass protection didn't look as pourous as it had in yesterday's vids, but part of that was because they were running backwards soon as the ball was hiked.

The game looks very good graphically; stadium looked fantastic as expected. Sidelines were disappointing imo. Post-play reactions were okay; decent variation. Still seems to be too much standing around at times, especially w/that defensive huddle - just no life. The animations seem much smoother in this vid. But I don't know - I downloaded the masterbit current gen vid they have and there were a lot of subtle movements and running animations depicted there that I haven't seen w/the next gen yet. Would be interested to see if anyone else has seen both. I still hate the lack of player interaction, which imo really stands out in the tackles, but the OL/DL play at least looks a lot better. Overall it looks pretty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2006, 11:55 PM   #26
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolPett
I've had a crappy day, but you made me laugh my *** off with that remark. Thanks, man!
I do what I can around the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
In the last minute, it was nice seeing AP getting taken down in the open field by a solo tackler. Last year, an impact player breaks that tackle easily.
I HATED that about last years game.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:00 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

The only glaring mistake is that they have OU vs. texas in Austin. Now, that may be the unfortunate case in a handfull of years as Dallas can't seem to pull it's head out of it's backside in regards to upgrading the Cotton Bowl but it surely isn't the case now. Any respectable college ball fan knows that the Red River Shootout is played in the Cotton Bowl, just as Army vs. Navy is played at a neutral site (was in Philly, now I think it rotates between Baltimore and Philly) as well as Fla.-Georgia in Jacksonville. They even have the ATT game logo at midfield, so how could they miss it? Maybe the Cotton Bowl isn't one of the "70" stadiums replicated, but that would indicate that the only bowl game stadiums that are duplicated and not generic would be BCS. Now that would suck. Also, somebody was talking about an "AP". Peterson is known as "AD" (All Day), not AP. Not a huge deal, but as an OU fan/alumn it gets old when folks use the wrong nicknames with OU players. I just hope that the bowl games don't get the generic treatment, but this no Cotton Bowl for OU texas doesn't have me feeling very optomistic. On the upside, Joe-Jon Finley (yes, that's really the guy's name...at least it's not Jim Bob Cooter) at TE for OU looks like the second coming of Keith Jackson (#88, not the play by play guy).
Old 06-22-2006, 12:04 AM   #28
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by granvilleberry
The only glaring mistake is that they have OU vs. texas in Austin. Now, that may be the unfortunate case in a handfull of years as Dallas can't seem to pull it's head out of it's backside in regards to upgrading the Cotton Bowl but it surely isn't the case now. Any respectable college ball fan knows that the Red River Shootout is played in the Cotton Bowl, just as Army vs. Navy is played at a neutral site (was in Philly, now I think it rotates between Baltimore and Philly) as well as Fla.-Georgia in Jacksonville. They even have the ATT game logo at midfield, so how could they miss it? Maybe the Cotton Bowl isn't one of the "70" stadiums replicated, but that would indicate that the only bowl game stadiums that are duplicated and not generic would be BCS. Now that would suck. Also, somebody was talking about an "AP". Peterson is known as "AD" (All Day), not AP. Not a huge deal, but as an OU fan/alumn it gets old when folks use the wrong nicknames with OU players. I just hope that the bowl games don't get the generic treatment, but this no Cotton Bowl for OU texas doesn't have me feeling very optomistic. On the upside, Joe-Jon Finley (yes, that's really the guy's name...at least it's not Jim Bob Cooter) at TE for OU looks like the second coming of Keith Jackson (#88, not the play by play guy).

couldn't it just be they were playing a "play now" game?? i think you probably have to unlock the cotton bowl thru gameplay xcept in dynasty of course where you would play it automatically.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:07 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
couldn't it just be they were playing a "play now" game?? i think you probably have to unlock the cotton bowl thru gameplay xcept in dynasty of course where you would play it automatically.
Nope. They obviously simmed the first few weeks to play a game.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:10 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
I'd hope so, but then why the ATT logo at midfield? It just seems odd that they'd have the logo, but not the stadium. Even so, I hope your right and I'm just paraniod. Having the crowd split in the endzones rather than on the 50 as it's been on the xbox/ps2 for the past few years is enough of an oversight (however minor, it takes away from the whole suspension of disbelief thing). I really can't see them missing something like this, but who knows. At least the fixed up the OU uni's with white facemasks and black shoes. They're little things, but those little things add up.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:14 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Overall looks good. I'm still concerned with the QB. Breaks the pocket way too easily. Second, while the guys did not drop back 20 yds, they could have easily done so. Don't know if the pass would have been complete, but they could have dropped back. Looks like that jump the snap feature will force people to play Dline so that the QB issue does not get out of control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2006, 12:15 AM   #32
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by granvilleberry
I'd hope so, but then why the ATT logo at midfield? It just seems odd that they'd have the logo, but not the stadium. Even so, I hope your right and I'm just paraniod. Having the crowd split in the endzones rather than on the 50 as it's been on the xbox/ps2 for the past few years is enough of an oversight (however minor, it takes away from the whole suspension of disbelief thing). I really can't see them missing something like this, but who knows. At least the fixed up the OU uni's with white facemasks and black shoes. They're little things, but those little things add up.
awww man. No OU/TX in the Cotton Bowl. THAT makes me mad! They could have at least used a generic stadium and called it the Cotton Bowl!!!!

Last edited by stoncold32; 06-22-2006 at 12:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »