Home

1st Game? What level?

This is a discussion on 1st Game? What level? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2006, 05:50 PM   #17
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: 1st Game? What level?

All-American with realistic sliders.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-04-2006, 09:06 PM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
I'm Heisman all the way with no slider adjustments.
You are probably better than 95% of the people playing the game because default Heisman in 2006 was unbeatable for me.

I will start out on default AA with a rivalry match. Not sure who but when you go to quick play in 2006, the CPU often chose a good rivalry match and I might take whoever pops up. I don't like to start a dynasty right away until I get accustomed to the gameplay AND have downloaded rosters. Once I get used to the gameplay, I will start playing with sliders as necessary but hopefully the default won't be so bad.

Personally, I think it would be great if they added a level between AA and Heisman since AA default was too easy and Heisman default incredibly hard. It was hard to tweak sliders to find a happy medium but I still loved the game.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:15 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

will probably stick with the default level and adjust the sliders depending on how good or bad I am doing...I don't mind losing a game or two I just hate losing due to user error.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #20
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Stanley
It's not boring for me at all.

Chuck and duck FTW!!!!
I'm pretty sure chuck and duck works on all levels.

Kid Rock, "I'm the catalyst for everything."

Tumblred
Old 07-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
You are probably better than 95% of the people playing the game because default Heisman in 2006 was unbeatable for me.

I will start out on default AA with a rivalry match. Not sure who but when you go to quick play in 2006, the CPU often chose a good rivalry match and I might take whoever pops up. I don't like to start a dynasty right away until I get accustomed to the gameplay AND have downloaded rosters. Once I get used to the gameplay, I will start playing with sliders as necessary but hopefully the default won't be so bad.

Personally, I think it would be great if they added a level between AA and Heisman since AA default was too easy and Heisman default incredibly hard. It was hard to tweak sliders to find a happy medium but I still loved the game.

It's not so much that Heisman is hard, it's just unrealistic because they just amp up the CPU's ratings. If I hit Ted Ginn Jr. on a slant and he's got a much slower DB 3 or 4 yards behind him, Ginn is going to score in real life, but in the game because of Heisman's jacked up ratings Ginn will be dragged down after 10-15 yards. Unrealistic and it ruins the game for me. It's unfortunate EA can't come up with a much more realistic way of going up a level rather than just giving the CPU a big boost on it's player ratings.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 5

All American
I will dig up last years games sliders to start and go from there.

Texas v. USC. Both very good teams so should be evenly matched, plus it more fun, then I play some random Top 25 v. 1* and 2* teams and also 1* v. 1* to see how the sliders are working.

With the sliders and getting names that gets me up to the time Madden is released and the start of the football season.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:09 PM   #23
Rookie

VolPett's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It's not so much that Heisman is hard, it's just unrealistic because they just amp up the CPU's ratings. If I hit Ted Ginn Jr. on a slant and he's got a much slower DB 3 or 4 yards behind him, Ginn is going to score in real life, but in the game because of Heisman's jacked up ratings Ginn will be dragged down after 10-15 yards. Unrealistic and it ruins the game for me. It's unfortunate EA can't come up with a much more realistic way of going up a level rather than just giving the CPU a big boost on it's player ratings.
Exactly!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 10:51 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6

Just in the last month I started playing on Heisman and had my best game EVER on Heisman, winning 77-0 over #5 Texas (A team) in the Big XII Championship.

Anyway, I think I will be playing on AA first to get down the new kicking and such, then maybe switch up to heisman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »