Home

DEMO TO HIT TONIGHT OR FRIDAY!!!!

This is a discussion on DEMO TO HIT TONIGHT OR FRIDAY!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 03:25 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: DEMO TO HIT TONIGHT OR FRIDAY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
Emphasis mine.

You're missing the point, ODogg. The demo isn't for us, for sports gamers. We're probably buying the game anyways, and those hardcore gamer sales that might be lost would be more than compensated for by sales from more casual gamers.

This demo release isn't targeted at OS - it's targeted at IGN. Guys whose sports gaming ends at Madden, and might not even be aware NCAA exists. It's to get attention from those people who will try every demo that hits the Marketplace, and might get captured by this title.

It's a really slow market these past few weeks, and it's in EA's interest to capitalize on that with a well-timed demo.
You make some good points, I guess for every one hardcore OS'er who doesn't like the game there's 3 to 5 more out there who are like "man this is like Madden, I should go buy it until Madden is out" who otherwise may not have even considered dropping a dime on the game. I still don't think though it'll be out this week, it'll get held up till NEXT Friday is what I think will happen...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2006, 03:26 PM   #66
Rookie

Drake's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino
No way in hell this demo comes out today or before July 18th. (hope I'm wrong)

But we all bash EA for their Big Business like decisions, and yet they have the actually game sitting in stock rooms all across America collecting dust. Wouldn't it be a smarter biz decision to release the game early and get that revenue in their bank account?

Makes no sense.
If the game is in stores then EA has already gotten paid havent they?
Old 07-12-2006, 03:28 PM   #67
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

But we all bash EA for their Big Business like decisions, and yet they have the actually game sitting in stock rooms all across America collecting dust. Wouldn't it be a smarter biz decision to release the game early and get that revenue in their bank account?

Makes no sense.
The game isn't sitting in stock rooms, it's currently in the various retailers distribution pipelines. EA owes it to those folks to make sure every store has a reasonable shot at having the game on launch date.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:28 PM   #68

OVR: 34

Quote:

Makes no sense.
It's just a few days away now. I'm thinking EA has to set up a specific day with retailers etc. so things will run smoothly. Sure the game is done and waiting on shipment, but they have to be orederly about it.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 14

I imagine they won't release the demo before stores have the go ahead to sell the game. That way, when someone plays the demo, they can go out right away and buy the game, instead of having to wait a week, and potentially losing interest.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:36 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Update - You guys will be happy.

From MJ at EA

Hey guys -

Update on this:

The NCAA 07 has fully passed MS certification, and will be released to
Xbox Live Marketplace today. It will be propped within the next few
hours.

Just got this from the Madden Forums.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:36 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 3

Important Notice ------ NCAA Football 07 Demo will be released today. Probably in the next few hours.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2006, 03:38 PM   #72
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

dang it, you beat me! I can't believe that MS was that quick....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »