Home

Gameinformer Review 360.

This is a discussion on Gameinformer Review 360. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2006, 12:33 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Gameinformer Review 360.

Quote:
Reiner says that he likes the direction the game is going, it just isn't as tight as it should be
I would agree. Dont get it confused though. The 360 verson is very very fun and I have no regrets that im stuck with the 360 verson over current gen. Im really enjoying myself.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:37 PM   #18
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It would be in the same spot you know why? Because next gen consoles have not taken off yet. The user base for current gen is where the money is and that's most likely where the effort will be regardless of which next gen console came out first.
I agree with you. Someone in another thread was talking about them (EA) not hiring enough people. The real problem is that EA has a substantial amunt of developers still working the current gen. And why wouldn't they? The systems are hardly dead yet. Most individuals on this board either own Xboxs or PS2's. The market is still alive and well. I'm the get the newest and best type. I'm a straight Graphics Ho'. But I don't expect to get everything now. Heck,MS doesn't even know how to fully take full advantage of Dual Core processing, much less Tri-core. Why should we expect the game developers to have this skill.

People have to remember that this is a new, mysterious system with limited marketshare. It is going to be next season (07-08) before we get the real gee wow! stuff. There is a lot of truth in the development time excuses. And these games will only get better as developers have more experience. It would be nice to have the architecture be less foreign each time, though. Then developers could just add and not go back to square one.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-15-2006, 12:55 PM   #19
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
from what i hear, it appears EA is going in the right direction. I'm sure development for 2008 is already in full force. You know they'll have it right for the PS3 next year. I just wonder where would the game be if the PS3 was first out of the gate.

"You'll know they'll have it right????"

REALLY, how do you know . . . because the last time EA had NFL or NCAA football right, the year was 2003. It's sad that they've fallen off so far.

But hey, I'll give you credit for remaining positive! And I guess you never know, do you?
Old 07-15-2006, 12:58 PM   #20
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
I agree with you. Someone in another thread was talking about them (EA) not hiring enough people. The real problem is that EA has a substantial amunt of developers still working the current gen. And why wouldn't they? The systems are hardly dead yet. Most individuals on this board either own Xboxs or PS2's. The market is still alive and well. I'm the get the newest and best type. I'm a straight Graphics Ho'. But I don't expect to get everything now. Heck,MS doesn't even know how to fully take full advantage of Dual Core processing, much less Tri-core. Why should we expect the game developers to have this skill.

People have to remember that this is a new, mysterious system with limited marketshare. It is going to be next season (07-08) before we get the real gee wow! stuff. There is a lot of truth in the development time excuses. And these games will only get better as developers have more experience. It would be nice to have the architecture be less foreign each time, though. Then developers could just add and not go back to square one.....

I would agree with this statement, if it wasn't for the fact that the first Madden on PS2 literally blew the doors off any other football game that had preceded it. They hit a complete grand slam with that title as a PS2 launch game . . . but yet they've hit infield singles thus far with their 360 offerings. What's going on?
Old 07-15-2006, 01:09 PM   #21
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondadda
I would agree with this statement, if it wasn't for the fact that the first Madden on PS2 literally blew the doors off any other football game that had preceded it. They hit a complete grand slam with that title as a PS2 launch game . . . but yet they've hit infield singles thus far with their 360 offerings. What's going on?
I feel that the problem lies in the Tri-core. Vista has been delayed and it's the first programming to really be designed for Dual core processing. When the first batch of games came out it became common knowledege that most games only ran on one CPU. Sony third-party developers are having problems with developing for Cell. That's why you didn't see Killzone 2 at E3. Every programmer is having to really do a paradigm shift with this new architecture. Dual cores,Tri-cores and Cell. PS2 wasn't a huge fundimental jump as the hype machine would have the public believe. It was a natural evolution of the Playstation1. All us gamers need is a little patience. Of course we only have two option: lose money and take scraps as they grow, or don't buy.... I don't have the willpower..

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2006, 01:15 PM   #22
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Can anyone fill me in on what's wrong with the atmosphere?
Old 07-15-2006, 01:22 PM   #23
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSU_Wulfpack
Can anyone fill me in on what's wrong with the atmosphere?
The article just said that it doesn't capture as the older titles did. Persons on this thread have mentioned that the bands are soft or muffled. I have a bad feeling this is because of the new, unimproved Tiburon "on the field" focus.

Old 07-15-2006, 01:28 PM   #24
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

I pre-orderd for the 360 but the review and demo were a little disappointing. I have really had it up to here with EA and all their next-gen engine building BS and will not support EA until they do the games justice. I bought a 360 to go forward - not backwards. I am going to hold off on my pre-order and wait for the online reports to come in. If EA ****ed up the online play then I'll just have to suck it up until next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »