Home

Gameinformer Review 360.

This is a discussion on Gameinformer Review 360. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2006, 10:38 AM   #1
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Gameinformer Review 360.

Just got my brand new GameInformer. They gave current-gen 8.25 (xbox/PS2) and had nice things to say. The 360 reviews were7.75 and 7.5. The main gripes were: atmosphere, collision detection, and bad DE/ WR AI. They did mess up on Precision Passing. They said it wasn't in there, and it is. The sound was also talked about as being muted. What's funny is that they bring up the phantom tackles specifically. Kato says he's staying current-gen and Reiner says that he likes the direction the game is going, it just isn't as tight as it should be. All in all, pretty acurate, and in line with impressions here.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2006, 10:49 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Gameinformer Review 360.

from what i hear, it appears EA is going in the right direction. I'm sure development for 2008 is already in full force. You know they'll have it right for the PS3 next year. I just wonder where would the game be if the PS3 was first out of the gate.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 07-15-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
from what i hear, it appears EA is going in the right direction. I'm sure development for 2008 is already in full force. You know they'll have it right for the PS3 next year. I just wonder where would the game be if the PS3 was first out of the gate.
beginning to ask same question.....
Old 07-15-2006, 10:58 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghm125
beginning to ask same question.....
well from past reports, they'll be developing on the 360, so if true, that's comforting. I'm still wary though since Fight Night PS3 is supposed to have a few more features.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 07-15-2006, 11:08 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

PS3 or XB360 is going to make ZERO difference. EA Sports is developing games on the 360 and porting them to the PS3. The problems with the game have absolutely NOTHING to do with the systems. But don't take my word for it, keep believing that the PS3 will solve all and we can all be equally disappointed in 2007 all over again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2006, 11:11 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
PS3 or XB360 is going to make ZERO difference. EA Sports is developing games on the 360 and porting them to the PS3. The problems with the game have absolutely NOTHING to do with the systems. But don't take my word for it, keep believing that the PS3 will solve all and we can all be equally disappointed in 2007 all over again.
all i'm saying is I just wonder how far developed the game would've been if the PS3 was first out of the gate. It's no secret that EA has been in bed with Sony in the past.

Old 07-15-2006, 11:14 AM   #7
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
all i'm saying is I just wonder how far developed the game would've been if the PS3 was first out of the gate. It's no secret that EA has been in bed with Sony in the past.
I thought about this myself and I hope this is not the case. NCAA 360 just dont feel right.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:15 AM   #8
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

So far, I'd give the 360 version an 8-range score. Presentation isn't where it should be. Playing on default AA, I haven't seen any AI problems that have stood out, yet. I've only seen the phantom sack once in three full games, so that might not be a big problem. Still way too early to give it a final score. I haven't even touched Dynasty mode.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »