Home

Super accurate CPU kickers

This is a discussion on Super accurate CPU kickers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2006, 12:15 PM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Super accurate CPU kickers

While I'm struggling kicking field goals from the hash with the new system, I've never seen the CPU miss a field goal yet. I haven't played that many games yet but the Georgia kicker against me went 5-5 including a 55 yard field goal right down the pipe and at least 5 yards long (on All-American). He is rated a 99 (after performance boost) with great accuracy and leg but I have yet to see the CPU miss a field goal or come close.

Anybody else see this? Last year, the CPU made 99% of its field goals on Heisman and the slider wouldn't help. I'm talking both AA and Heisman this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2006, 12:22 PM   #2
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Super accurate CPU kickers

Yup. Even at 0% FG accuracy, the cpu makes all of it's kicks on AA and heisman. Maybe trying FG accuracy at 99 with the hopes that ea got it backwards would be worth a shot.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:25 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
Yup. Even at 0% FG accuracy, the cpu makes all of it's kicks on AA and heisman. Maybe trying FG accuracy at 99 with the hopes that ea got it backwards would be worth a shot.
That's terrible. AA was fine last year with accuracy and only Heisman was broken. Now both are broken? If that's true, I may have to reduce the length of their kicks just so they at least don't make 55 yarders on a regular basis.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:46 PM   #4
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

I only miss the CPU has against me is when I block the kick, kind of anti climatic. However, I'm also nailing everyone of my kicks as I find the new system to be extremely easy.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:43 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 29

I've seen maybe a hand full of wide kicks. Although most of them went off the posts or cross bar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2006, 01:47 PM   #6
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Wonder how this would play out if the player's "individual" rating were adjusted in the area accuracy....has anybody tried to change this to see how it impacts gameplay??? Maybe it's just the slider for kick accuracy that is unresponsive to changes...............
Old 07-22-2006, 02:53 PM   #7
R**k**

OVR: 3

Having played Madden 06 on the 360 I saw the same thing. The AI did not miss a field goal in that game. For the 360, it must be an engine issue. FGs are either good or short or sometimes blocked. The only ones I see go wide are the ones I put up.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:43 PM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpars
Having played Madden 06 on the 360 I saw the same thing. The AI did not miss a field goal in that game. For the 360, it must be an engine issue. FGs are either good or short or sometimes blocked. The only ones I see go wide are the ones I put up.
Its not just a 360 issue. I have a PS2 and haven't seen a missed kick. Not a gamekiller but clearly an obvious mistake that seems weird they wouldn't fix after last year's problems on Heisman where they wouldn't miss. How hard is it to make a slider work? I don't care what level you play on or what system, if you put the CPU kick accuracy slider to 0, they should miss 100% of the time. If you put the slider to max 99%, they should make every one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »