Home

Longest Dynasty?

This is a discussion on Longest Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #17
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Longest Dynasty?

I went 10 years with UConn on NCAA '04, hopefully I can break that w. my PSU dynasty this year.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-10-2006, 12:37 PM   #18
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

I went seven seasons with OU in a six man dynasty before someone corrupted the file. That was our most enjoyable dynasty ever and we've been playing together since NCAA 2003. I didn't win a single national title and missed out on the conference title two or three times in the process, but we all felt it was a very realistic dynasty. I've played dynasties that went longer, but there was a little bit of simming. This one didn't have any simming.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:14 PM   #19
Rookie

digit4lcowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

My longest was 8 years on NCAA 06 with Arkansas. I stopped playing after I got every single player I recruited and I won every game by more than 3-4 TD minimum.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:54 PM   #20
Rookie

ncaa 04 - 8 years

florida 3 years - got fired
michigan 5 years - got the national title
vanderbilt 2 years - got bored

I really like NCAA though this year, and since this is the only game I play, I think I'll beat this (ha ain't life's goals grand)

I have friend though, did a Colorado dynasty for 21 years (no sim, 5 min quarters) on NCAA 05 played every game from release date of 05 to a month after 06 game out (he didn't play a season in 06), but he's back
Old 08-14-2006, 06:18 PM   #21
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Currently in year 5 with Notre Dame, I was pretty sure I was going to win my second NC in 3 years after winning my first three games all agaisnt top 10 years, but then in my 5th game I lose to unranked Miami. I'm hoping to go 10 years with this one before having to start a Campus Legend or a new dynasty with a bad team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2006, 08:12 PM   #22
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4

I always create a school. I made it through two seasons with my created team, won 1 game and was fired. I am now at Army, I went 12-1 the first season (I changed the schedule to a cake schedule and had a ton of decent seniors). Currently, I am 2-1 in season 4 (#2 with Army) and I hope to eventually go back to the created school and turn them into a powerhouse.

I was able to go about 10 seasons deep in 2005. I spent 6 at my created school, 1 at Indiana and 3 at Miami before quitting.

*Edit: I actually forgot that I had 3 seasons at Boise St. at the end of that 05 dynasty, so that was actually 13 years.

Last edited by tedknick; 08-15-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:06 AM   #23
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4

Sadly NCAA 2002 was my longest. I was so amazed with the first game on PS2 I couldn't stop playing. That and I had changed schools in real life and most of my buddies were still back at UF, so I had nothing to do but play during the week...HA!

18 years...

USF - 7 years - 2 national titles.
Arizona - 5 years - 5 bowl games, 5 bowl losses...talk about frustrating.
Texas - 6 years - 2 more national titles.

Since then my dynasty lengths have gone progressively down...to the point that I only got halfway through year 3 on NCAA 2006 (but I also played a full Race for the Heisman campaign).

This year I'm getting close to finishing year 2 on 360, so I should get in at least a longer dynasty than I did the last couple of years.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:26 PM   #24
Rookie

for those who have played several years with mid major teams, how long until you got a BCS conference invite

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »