Home

How's your dynasty going?

This is a discussion on How's your dynasty going? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2006, 02:22 PM   #9
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: How's your dynasty going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou79
Do you use any recruiting rules at all for your dynasty Ehh?
Nope, I think I need to incorporate some though. You have a set that you use?

My last class I had to cut a buncha 3-star guys and a 4-star guy.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-20-2006, 02:34 PM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I think ehh should leave Penn State for another team in the Big 10 and have to compete against his own juggernaut. That way you can still keep tabs on your old players. Take MSU or Illinois and try to build them up. By the time you are any good, maybe you can take the Penn State job again in the future if they hit a lull in the program.

Recruiting house rules kind of suck and I don't have the willpower to follow through. Right now there is no need since I don't have a great program. If I recommend anything to you with regards to house rules, it would be to keep it simple. Just limit yourself to a percentage of the points you get. Example, use only 75% of your recruiting points that you get (or less). If you get 300 points, only use 225 points. Maybe you have to use up the other 75 points on 1* prospects to make sure they don't get used by the CPU. Turn off recruiting assistance too.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:41 PM   #11
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Turning off the recruiting assistance is definitely something I need to do. One year I got the 3rd best QB in the nation without spending a point on him. Two years ago I had four QB's rated about 90. Two transfered out.

I was thinking about your idea of going to another Big 10 school. Michigan State is actually surprisingly good (they have by far the best record of any CPU team against my roomate and I) and Illinois was another team I was thinking about using but I hate using teams w. astroturf fields. Michigan has gone way down hill, they're right around .500 every year and I believe their prestige is down to three stars so they're another option. It'd be good to build them up again just so they're a challenge when I leave 'em.

Indiana could be another good option to go too.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2006, 02:54 PM   #12
Rookie

punchy7080's Arena

OVR: 1

here's a dumb question, what does the assisted recruiting do exactly? i think i left mine on when i first started my dynasty, but i don't notice any "help"

i'm about to start my 3rd year at louisville btw... 9-4 and 10-3 in my first two years as i'm learning to play the game on AA w/ sliders. really started to come on at the end of last year once i started learning to take what the defense gives and not throw 2 picks every game my recruiting classes were 39th and 22nd respectively... definitely not having to cut any **** guys!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 03:07 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'm not 100% sure what recruiting assistance does but if you don't allocate points to recruits, the CPU will do it for you. Its also been posted that it identifies the prospects that are interested in you more easily. I guess the interested prospect list is less complete when its off but I'm not sure if its true exactly. I leave mine on myself but spend all my recruiting points. My first two classes were ranked 15 and 21.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:15 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 5

to keep it interesting i just schedule 2 big intersectional matchups every year. makes it fun to face a powerhouse and check out their stadium. one home and one away. i rotate them out after a year. so i might play a home game against ohio state one year, and an away game against tennessee. the next year i flip them and then i move on to different schools. that, plus a rivalry game, one or two tough conference games, and a bowl game every year keeps me interested.

consider a home and home with -

ohio state, tennessee, notre dame, michigan, florida, florida state, miami, nebraska, usc, texas, ou, etc.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:44 PM   #15
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm in my 7th year with Purdue. I've had like 3 10-2 seasons in a row, and I still haven't won the Big 10 or recieved a BCS invite yet. Ohio State is 5-0 against me and I usually lose to another team a long the way. I'm 4-2 against Notre Dame and 5-0 against Michigan though. WV had 3 NC appearances in 5 years, so I'm going to try and top that at Purdue, then move on to Arizona, or some bad SEC school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2006, 04:12 PM   #16
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

playing as army. In like 5 season, I've built the program up and turned down offers to join BCS conferences. I prefer to schedule freely.

Right now I'm ranked in the top 15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »