Home

Conference Invite?

This is a discussion on Conference Invite? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2006, 12:33 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Two Conference Invitations

I have run 5 dynasties this year and gotten two conference invitations. One when I was playing with Notre Dame, the Big 10 invited me. I do not remember the record at the time, but we might have been national champions. The other invitation was to join the Pac 10 with SJSU. It was in the sixth year of the dynasty, we were 13-0 and beat USC in the national championship game. They dumped Arizona.

I wish I would have been invited with my first dynasty. It was also SJSU, and it was really hard to get into the national championship game every year, because the WAC teams were ranked so low. We could have a perfect season, defeat high ranked teams for our first three games, then play our WAC schedule, and finish up beating a highly ranked team, only to play in an alternate bowl. It was frustrating. So I can empathize with those of you who want to be invited into a stronger conference.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:34 PM   #10
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Conference Invite?

Yeah...Im using UNLV...im trying to get into the Pac 10 by scheduling as many Pac10 teams as I can...currently I beat Oregon in a bowl game, Arizona St & Stanford...hopefully they will boot Stanford....anyone ever seen a CPU controlled team get invited to another conf....i think i am battling the likes of Boise & Hawaii for this Pac 10 Invite
Old 09-25-2006, 01:05 PM   #11
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Yeah...Im using UNLV...im trying to get into the Pac 10 by scheduling as many Pac10 teams as I can...currently I beat Oregon in a bowl game, Arizona St & Stanford...hopefully they will boot Stanford....anyone ever seen a CPU controlled team get invited to another conf....i think i am battling the likes of Boise & Hawaii for this Pac 10 Invite
I heard that it just doesn't happen. I remember reading in another thread that a poster would look for non-BCS teams ranked near the top 10 at the end of the year; create as many coaches as there were of those teams and then assign them to those teams. Then they could get invites. He would then have the coaches quit and delete them. Seems like a pretty good idea, just too bad that you have to do that work just to get computer teams conference invites.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #12
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4

I know that there is def. conference invites but depending on the team it may take some time...in a friends cupcake dynasty it took him 8 seasons to get the invite to the Pac-10...you're def. doing the right thing by scheduling the Pac-10 teams and dropping and loss on them...after 5 years I bet you get that invite after year 6...you're so close man...
Old 09-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #13
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDMercer
I know that there is def. conference invites but depending on the team it may take some time...in a friends cupcake dynasty it took him 8 seasons to get the invite to the Pac-10...you're def. doing the right thing by scheduling the Pac-10 teams and dropping and loss on them...after 5 years I bet you get that invite after year 6...you're so close man...
well i think years are irrelevant. Independents get invited earlier for sure, but there's too many variables involved to say it takes 5 or 6 seasons for sure.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:05 PM   #14
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

So far I'm on Year 3 with UNLV. I won the conference in Yr1 and regressed to 4th in Year2 after a handful of my top underclassmen left. So far this year im 7-0 with a big game coming up with Utah...Colorado st seems to be the class of my conf this year...they have somehow built up their program to a 5* where other teams like LSU have gone down to 3*....after this year im gonna be hurting though...I lose my QB, HB, top 4 WRs..should be interesting
Old 09-29-2006, 01:56 AM   #15
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Rutledge
i went 12-0 in 2006 with TCU and lost to the Longhorns in the Fiesta Bowl. I didn't get an invite from the Big 12 South, which I was hoping for. I beat Texas Tech and Baylor during the year.

in 2007 I'm playing Baylor, Oklahoma State and A&M, hopefully beating these guys will get me in.
If the game is truly realistic, there is most likely code preventing the Big 12 from ever inviting TCU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2006, 01:58 AM   #16
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

Anybody been kicked out of a conference yet? After an abysmal year 1 in which I went 3-9 in my USF franchise, my program prestige dropped from 2* to 1* and the Big East kicked me out in favor of Temple.

I like being indepedent so far and having freedom to schedule whomever I choose. I made sure to schedule and destroy temple.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »