Home

The Heisman award is really messed up.

This is a discussion on The Heisman award is really messed up. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2006, 04:37 AM   #9
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: The Heisman award is really messed up.

I dominated with AP in my dynasty and won the Heisman and had first each week expect one. Only difference is I played every game instead of simming. Weird.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:52 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
So I was bored yesterday, and decided to give something crazy a try.

I started a dynasty with the Oklahoma Sooners. Went to coaching strategies, on offense, put running at 100, aggressiveness at zero, and subbing at zero. Then I put defense at 50 run/pass, 100 agressive, and 50 sub.

Simulated the entire season. Adrian Peterson ended up rushing for 5,000 some yards, and 50 touchdowns. The Sooners went undefeated, #1 or #2 in the nation, and won every game usualy 45-14.

But Adrian Peterson didn't win the Heisman Trophy! Troy Smith did of the 10-1 Bucks. He had good numbers, but nothing close to APs.

AP finished second but by a large margin.

Just kind of interesting...
Don't know if you pay any attention to this award in real life but it is NOT given to the player with the best numbers. It is a popularity contest that they media controls. Just go back 2 years ago and check the stats of the final contestents in real life if you don't believe me.
This year, Brady Quinn will be a finalist only because his mug is on TV every single college gameday and then on NBC for national converage. It is popularity contest, very simular to politicians being elected. A guys performance and statistics play a secondary roll these days.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:54 PM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

people act as though the actual Heisman voting isn't flawed.

To win the Heisman in real life, you must win it in the papers, not on the field.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2006, 03:52 PM   #12
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

There's no doubt the game sweats QB's hardcore.

The only time I've won the Heisman in my current dynasty was when my 97 overall HB from Penn State had just under 2,000 rushing yards, over 1,000 receiving yards (around 60 rec, led the nation in kick return average (w. 4 TD's) and over 40 total TD's.

Plus I won the National Championship.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-04-2006, 08:01 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
Don't know if you pay any attention to this award in real life but it is NOT given to the player with the best numbers. It is a popularity contest that they media controls. Just go back 2 years ago and check the stats of the final contestents in real life if you don't believe me.
This year, Brady Quinn will be a finalist only because his mug is on TV every single college gameday and then on NBC for national converage. It is popularity contest, very simular to politicians being elected. A guys performance and statistics play a secondary roll these days.
Co-sign. This year, if you just look at the numbers, it's Garret Wolfe and then everybody else way, way, way behind him. I mean the dude has 1181 rushing yards and the next nearest guy has 806. Yet somehow Troy Smith is the projected frontrunner, and he's currently the 25th best qb in the nation numbers and is only in the top ten for fewest int's thrown.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:35 PM   #14
Rookie

BiggaAdams's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwmonkey
I dunno, I had Stanback throw for over 3000 (6th in the country) and rush for over 2000 (1st in the country), which I think falls into the never going to happen rediculous category, and he still won the Heisman.

That is pretty far out there, however maybe that could happen some day. It's not as rediculous as 5000 yards rushing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
What?
They made it so people that cheese to the max won't get the reward most of the time. EA made it that way, so the game takes it into account.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »