Home

Hanging up the '07 Cleats

This is a discussion on Hanging up the '07 Cleats within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2006, 09:56 PM   #9
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Hanging up the '07 Cleats

I've hung up my cleats for the most part. Mainly it was because I just got bored with the game. I was still having competitive games and all, but I can only play it so much before it gets old.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:45 AM   #10
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm still going strong, I'm 90-23 in my dynasty and I just went to my third school (Colordo) and I can't see myself stopping for at least another month (when CH2k7 comes out).

'07 is a great game on Xbox, easily the best of the series IMO.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-18-2006, 08:52 AM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I still love playing and don't see me stopping until next year and the start of the baseball season (and maybe not then). I don't get to play it as much due to time issues but I'll be starting my fifth year on the weekend and enjoy the game more now than when I got it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2006, 08:58 AM   #12
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

NCAA is on the back-burner now, but I'm definitely keeping it until next year's version is released. I'm sure I'll get the itch to get back into it, down the road.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 10-18-2006, 10:43 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone2117
I was feeling like you Cardot...
I tried everything...EVERYTHING!
Now...I found my sliders, house rules, teams, style of play...
I'm having so much fun right now with my sliders its unbelievable...
Try em...AA PS2 listed on sliders thread...
This above hits it right on the head. Unfortunately, if you are more than a casual gamer and like to do more then just button mash, you will HAVE TO make house rules and basically remove ALL the cheese out of this game when playing the CPU to enjoy it long term. I too have found sliders that along with my house rules, salvaged the game for long term use and it is pretty darn fun.

Basically, I beta tested the damn thing for them and then removed the cheesy **** out of the game. Its a shame that EA can't do this for us but oh well.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:26 AM   #14
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
This above hits it right on the head. Unfortunately, if you are more than a casual gamer and like to do more then just button mash, you will HAVE TO make house rules and basically remove ALL the cheese out of this game when playing the CPU to enjoy it long term. I too have found sliders that along with my house rules, salvaged the game for long term use and it is pretty darn fun.

Basically, I beta tested the damn thing for them and then removed the cheesy **** out of the game. Its a shame that EA can't do this for us but oh well.
I agree as well, about a month or so ago I stopped playing this game for 10-12 days and was ready to quit. I was so frustrated w. the game being so schitzophrenic (sp?) and having unrealistic results.

I'll never forget the game that was my near final straw. I was Penn State (A- overall) playing at Northwestern (B- overall) about 5 years into my dynasty. They beat me 49-46 in one of the most unrealistic games I've ever had on Xbox. Both teams had over 250 rushing yards and there wasn't a punt the whole game.

After the time off, I came back to the game, found Mizzou79's sliders and made my own tweaks and since then I've been 100% addicted to this game.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-18-2006, 05:51 PM   #15
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I was so frustrated w. the game being so schitzophrenic (sp?) and having unrealistic results.

After the time off, I came back to the game, found Mizzou79's sliders and made my own tweaks and since then I've been 100% addicted to this game.
Do you find the results more realistic now? Amongst all my whining, my biggest gripe is that teams like Tulane can all of a sudden play like USC and vice versa. Infact that switch can even happen in the middle of a game if the ball bounces a certain way on any given play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2006, 06:15 PM   #16
Rookie

punchy7080's Arena

OVR: 1

if you haven't tried turning off HFA... DO IT NOW. i found the same thing with c- teams beating my a- team 35-3, etc. there were some games where no matter what i did, i could not stop the other team and couldn't seem to gain a single yard on offense. every pass i threw was intercepted no matter how open the receiver, etc. no with HFA off, the games play pretty close to reality. if i throw a pick in the first quarter, i don't feel like i'm going to lose 52-0

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »