Home

New to the game ???s

This is a discussion on New to the game ???s within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2006, 09:06 AM   #1
Pro

Coachwf's Arena

OVR: 8
New to the game ???s

I'm somewhat new to this game (just got a 360)...have played quite a bit of Madden and many other titles for the last 20 or so years, but I thought I'd start a thread for questions that are starting to come up.

1 - Is there any way to get the CPU to run the ball more? I play almost strictly pass D so far because that is all they want to do.

2 - Can someone point me to info on the recruiting system in this game? Not sure how the point system, etc. works. (ANSWERED...FOUND THE RECRUITING FAQ)

3 - Am I just terrible at returning kicks, especially punts, or is it a bug in this game?

4 - What are the roster limitations?...max # of players overall and min/max by position (note: haven't simmed an entire season yet so this may show itself when I do)

I'll probably add to the list as I keep playing.

Last edited by Coachwf; 10-29-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2006, 10:36 AM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: New to the game ???s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachwf
I'm somewhat new to this game (just got a 360)...have played quite a bit of Madden and many other titles for the last 20 or so years, but I thought I'd start a thread for questions that are starting to come up.

1 - Is there any way to get the CPU to run the ball more? I play almost strictly pass D so far because that is all they want to do.

2 - Can someone point me to info on the recruiting system in this game? Not sure how the point system, etc. works.

3 - Am I just terrible at returning kicks, especially punts, or is it a bug in this game?

4 - What are the roster limitations?...max # of players overall and min/max by position (note: haven't simmed an entire season yet so this may show itself when I do)

I'll probably add to the list as I keep playing.
1. You can adjust the pass/run sliders for each team. I believe this is done in the coaches menu > strategy section. That being said, I haven't had problems with teams only passing (although I've heard of other people complaining about the same thing). I haven't touched those sliders and the CPU does whatever it can do against me. If I can't stop the pass, they pass. If I can't stop the run, they run. I've had teams have huge days against me by either running the ball or passing.

2. Search for the recruiting info using this forum's search engine. You'll get all the info you need.

3. I'm not sure what you mean by this question. You don't explain why you think you're bad. Is it because you've never returned one for a TD? Is it because you average 1yd per return? If it's because you've never returned one for a TD I wouldn't say it's a bug. I've played a combined 8 seasons (4 seasons with 2 teams) and I've only returned 2.

4. You'll get this info during offseason. The limit is 70 per team. I don't remember the specifics per position.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:30 PM   #3
Pro

Coachwf's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: New to the game ???s

2 - found the FAQ

3- It just seems impossible to get more then 5-10 yards on the kicks. Seems like one defender will blow through 4-5 blockers and make the open field tackle no problem. Mostly using weaker teams like UCLA and Illinois with default rosters though so that may have something to do with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »