Home

I really hate this game and I don't understand why

This is a discussion on I really hate this game and I don't understand why within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2006, 04:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Unhappy I really hate this game and I don't understand why

I've always loved the NCAA games and cared little for the Madden games. This year though, NCAA plays so different than I remembered it did a year ago, and I hate it. I really, really don't like playing this game, when I have for years before. It's something about the camera and controls that completely bungles the game for me, shortly followed by the frustration caused by trying to find a good balance in sliders so games are played realistically.

I'm at a loss, I think I might actually give up on this game for the first time in years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2006, 08:02 AM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: I really hate this game and I don't understand why

Are you on the 360 or current gen?
Old 10-30-2006, 08:43 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

See, unfortunately, I think it is because of frustrated players above that will honestly keep this game from ever becoming any sort of sim game. I think that this years game is closer to a simulation type football then ever before and I own every one back to 1998. Hell, this game is why I keep buying consoles to begin with. I almost wish EA could spend the time to put a toggle between simulation and arcade effect and essentially make 2 games in 1. Obviously the graphics and basic rules would not need to be replicated so it wouldn't be a true 2 games.

The mass majority of consumers are just not looking for a football simulater but rather a fun computer game. I am not bashing anyone here just stating what I think.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:08 AM   #4
Rookie

Mr. Rad's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree completely, Soce.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:15 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
See, unfortunately, I think it is because of frustrated players above that will honestly keep this game from ever becoming any sort of sim game. I think that this years game is closer to a simulation type football then ever before and I own every one back to 1998. Hell, this game is why I keep buying consoles to begin with. I almost wish EA could spend the time to put a toggle between simulation and arcade effect and essentially make 2 games in 1. Obviously the graphics and basic rules would not need to be replicated so it wouldn't be a true 2 games.

The mass majority of consumers are just not looking for a football simulater but rather a fun computer game. I am not bashing anyone here just stating what I think.
Are you on 360 or current gen Soce? I think the gameplay is great on current gen (with some slider tweaks) but the new features they added are arcadey. Jump the snap is crap for one and the option to turn some of these new things off would be great.

On current gen, they really toned down the human running game to a realistic level. I still use default run blocking and rba on AA and am very happy with it. The only thing I did was bump up the CPU tackling a bit. The deep ball has been toned down and the short passing game improved as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2006, 11:22 AM   #6
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce

I totally agree.

I have the 360 version, and while there's quite a bit of detail missing, the game engine itself is the best ever. There's some hokey physics stuff, but the stats I'm producing are the most realistic I've ever had.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:28 AM   #7
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

This year's current gen version is amazing, easily the best ever in the series.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-30-2006, 01:08 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

see, the thing is most ppl in the world, are not use to transition, for the 360, i feel the game is awsome, not just cause of graphics, but the engine in it self.

before i had the 360, i to had the ps2 and the xbox and both was cool for that time period, people are gone be people, no game is ever going to match up to what that person is asking for.

hell i wish they had full sport shows, during the game, as well as half time, as well as being able to see other games if you chose to while yours was playing, will that ever happen highly doubful.

when the ps3 drops, thats suppose to be the biggest thing to the lord coming, personaly ill choose the lord over that ****, but thats another story, but point being when the ps3 drops it to will not match up to peoples stadards.

look all im sayin is if you dont like the game, for whatever system you playing it on, put it in the box, and return it for something you do like, very simple.

you may not realize it, but some people could be looking for information on the game, and they've came across your post, now they may take it with a grain of salt or say you know what im been on some sites and seen some much negative, chalk it ill wait. u never know. what ppl will say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »