Home

What has EA been doing the last 9 months?

This is a discussion on What has EA been doing the last 9 months? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #17
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: What has EA been doing the last 9 months?

Meh. ill just wait till i play it to critic it.. previews and screenshots dont justify games for me.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #18
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
There are several flaws that result in the QB being able to roll out at will. Shall I list them for you?

1. The DE doesn't attempt to perform an outside rush to contain the QB, instead he runs directly at the OT.
2. The DE gets "stuck" on the OT preventing him from chasing the QB.
3. The DE is oblivious to the fact that the QB is rolling out to his side. Instead he will continue trying to get to the point the QB IS instead of where he is GOING.
4. The OT doesn't retreat like a real OT does when he's blocking a quicker player on the edge in open space.
5. The QB is still able to roll to his weak side and spin around and throw an accurate pass the opposite direction.

I can go on but I think my point is made.
You have no idea what level the guy is playing on or if that can be changed by sliders. Youve seen 10 plays....Really only six or seven when you take out the running plays. You could be right and the problem could still be in the game. But you could be wrong also yet you use 7 plays to start screaming "The sky is falling" or "Same old EA". And you still will go out and buy the game release day.

I'm done....I just think its plain pathetic that people here compaining about things like pocket containment and act as if its a huge flaw but openly admit that they are going to buy the game.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:11 PM   #19
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
There are several flaws that result in the QB being able to roll out at will. Shall I list them for you?
Quote:
1. The DE doesn't attempt to perform an outside rush to contain the QB, instead he runs directly at the OT.
The game is most likely being played on the lowest level Ign always plays madden/ncaa on default level.

Quote:
2. The DE gets "stuck" on the OT preventing him from chasing the QB.
Didn't see that play

Quote:
3. The DE is oblivious to the fact that the QB is rolling out to his side. Instead he will continue trying to get to the point the QB IS instead of where he is GOING.
Again playing the game on Heisman and All-American makes all the difference in the world.
Quote:
4. The OT doesn't retreat like a real OT does when he's blocking a quicker player on the edge in open space.
Again playing the game on Heisman and All-American makes all the difference in the world.

Quote:
5. The QB is still able to roll to his weak side and spin around and throw an accurate pass the opposite direction.

Finally these vids are not of the finished product a lot things can change in two months. I will wait until the EA community day and hear what those guys have to say about a much more polished version of the game.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:13 PM   #20
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
The game is most likely being played on the lowest level Ign always plays madden/ncaa on default level.

Didn't see that play

Finally these vids are not of the finished product a lot things can change in two months. I will wait until the EA community day and hear what those guys have to say about a much more polished version of the game.
Problem solved, just play on Heisman. By the way, did heisman fix all those problems in 07?
Old 05-11-2007, 02:15 PM   #21
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You have no idea what level the guy is playing on or if that can be changed by sliders. Youve seen 10 plays....Really only six or seven when you take out the running plays. You could be right and the problem could still be in the game. But you could be wrong also yet you use 7 plays to start screaming "The sky is falling" or "Same old EA". And you still will go out and buy the game release day.

I'm done....I just think its plain pathetic that people here compaining about things like pocket containment and act as if its a huge flaw but openly admit that they are going to buy the game.
Your darn right I am still gonna buy the game! Why? Because I love football and I don't have any other option if I want to play with real teams & stadiums. That's precisely why I'm upset, because I don't have any other option than pay for EA's crap or not play video football at all. The latter is not an option for me.

Thank you EA for doing wonders with the exclusivity deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 32

10 plays + 10 years of EA + over 1,000 hours of gameplay = been there, done that feeling.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:48 PM   #23
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I feel sorry for the mods here, they're going to have a long, long summer.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #24
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
Your darn right I am still gonna buy the game! Why? Because I love football and I don't have any other option if I want to play with real teams & stadiums. That's precisely why I'm upset, because I don't have any other option than pay for EA's crap or not play video football at all. The latter is not an option for me.

Thank you EA for doing wonders with the exclusivity deal.
This is why EA will never fix all the problems because everyone buys the game anyway.

I find it a little amusing that after all these years people still expect EA to make major improvements to there games year end and year out. We should all be use to this by now and not even get our hopes hope each year, Just try to enjoy the game for what it is or, don't buy it. I had fun playing last years 360 game (hate online play though) and I'm sure I'll enjoy this years even with its flaws.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »