Home

NCAA 08 Official Bugs and Glitches Thread (360 and PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA 08 Official Bugs and Glitches Thread (360 and PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2007, 08:01 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 08 Official Bugs and Glitches Thread (360 and PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freudianslip
I am having trouble with the "auto-name rosters" feature in the game. I select the option to auto-name the rosters. The game then asks me if I want to save the current roster file (even though I don't have any roster files saved).

I have tried selecting both "yes" and "no" to the above question. Either way, the rosters still have "QB #11" etc. for all of the players.

One thing that I thought it might be was the fact that the game asks if you want to let the CPU auto-name any "unnamed" players. Technically, "QB #11" or whatever player, is "named" "QB #11". Maybe that is the reason the computer won't generate names for these players?

Anyone else try this or have problems with it?
I am having this same issue. I think that you need to load a roster file before trying to auto name. However, one is not supplied with the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2007, 08:33 AM   #26
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezeframe
Bad glitch I was going for an extra point to tie the game 17-17 but the center turned sideways and the ball was snapped 20 yards back, and the announcers said "incomplete pass" I was like WTF I am going for an extra point. Next thing you know I am kicking the ball off down 1 point 17-16 I lose the game!
I don't have the full game but I had something similar. I was going for an extra point and had the holder goes into motion like I was attemping a fake FG and the center snaps the ball to where the holder was supposed to be. It was weird as heck. I tried to go pick it up but it was ruled a dead ball. It only happened once. This is in the demo.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-15-2007, 09:13 AM   #27
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I am still trying to get this depth chart glitch to work for me, I edited players prior to entering dynasty (name, ratings, equipment) and then again in dynasty (name and equipment). It did seem to reset the depth chart after editing the player in dynasty, but I was easily able to re-edit the depth chart in the menu in dynasty and it stayed that way for the game. This is strange that one of use has the glitch and one doesn't. I wonder what else cold cause it? Any thoughts?
Old 07-15-2007, 09:41 AM   #28
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

UPDATE

Well I may have found what you guys are referring to. There definitely is a bug (maybe not quite a bug) with the depth chart in dynasty, it has to do with editing players in dynasty. Every time you make an edit it will reset the depth chart for all positions, however, if you edit the depth chart back it will be fine in the game and stay that way until you edit another player. My question to those who experienced this, did you guys edit players in between games?

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 07-15-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:22 AM   #29
Rookie

unc71290's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ougriffin22
I dont think thats a glitch. I think that is EA making the game realistic with a botched snap. Was it during a HS game? If so I think in the rain that could be very realistic.
Can you play in High School games or something? and if you can, can you do it for the regular xbox?
Old 07-15-2007, 10:59 AM   #30
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Must remember that once I have the game, not to enter into here or major depression comes on and don't have fun with game as is.

Already major depression occurs as I have to wait till Tuesday for said game.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:08 PM   #31
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
I don't have the full game but I had something similar. I was going for an extra point and had the holder goes into motion like I was attemping a fake FG and the center snaps the ball to where the holder was supposed to be. It was weird as heck. I tried to go pick it up but it was ruled a dead ball. It only happened once. This is in the demo.
Dude....I had the same thing happen in the demo as well. At first I thought "cool" their going for 2 to win it,then all of a sudden the center snapped the ball,only.....the holder wasn't there lol. Same result.....dead ball. lol
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2007, 12:43 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Demo bug i discovered. Was on a long about 10 play drive on play 8 or 9 I passed to the wideout for a long gain..He fumbled but it was reviewed and the call was reveresed in my favor no fumble. Next play i score a TD. The drive said 1 play 10yrds and my stats did not reflect the yards gained on the drive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »