Home

Solution for CPU INT issue...

This is a discussion on Solution for CPU INT issue... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Solution for CPU INT issue...

I had tried everything I have seen suggested here re lowering the number of INTs thrown by the CPU (e.g., lowering user INT and Awareness sliders, increasing user Knockdown slider while decreasing user INT slider, raising CPU Accuracy slider, etc.). None of these things were working and I was picking off the CPU about 4-6 times per game (with 5 min. quarters on All American level), which really ruined an otherwise great game.

Well, last night I finally broke down and took the time to lower the three different Catch ratings (regular, spectacular, in traffic…or whatever they're called ) for all of my "back seven" defenders to 20 or less (after doing so, I of course had to re-order my depth chart, due to the editing glitch). I then played two games (I know, small sample size) and had only one INT in each game (I had never previously had less than two INTs in a game), both by my Impact LB. Thus, I think I might lower his catch ratings even more (or maybe his Impact status is too much to overcome).

Interestingly, my CBs knocked down more passes than I have seen in any other game, but did so using INT animations, not swat animations (by the way, I left the user INT slider at 0 and the user Knockdown slider at 100 but saw almost no swat animations...I also left the CPU Accuracy slider at 85). Thus, my defenders were apparently going for INTs but were dropping the ball due to the lower catch ratings. While this looks a little silly at times, it made for much better games. In fact, in my last game, I gave up a TD to Oklahoma on the last play of regulation and then stopped them just short of the goal line on their 2-point conversion attempt, giving me a 24-22 victory. It was the most fun game I have played so far (I've had the game since last Thursday and have played quite a bit).

I think I might actually raise some of my DBs catch sliders if they NEVER get any picks but I'm going to play a few more games before editing my roster (and, thus, re-ordering my depth chart) again. I might also lower the CPU Accuracy slider, as it was very difficult to stop the pass, but I will play a few more games first before I make this decision. Anyway, I thought some people might find this helpful (especially if you use the same team most of the time, since you then only have to edit one team's LBs and DBs). This might not be a fix for future Dynasty years but it could help for the first couple years (if you start all returning players in the back seven).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2007, 07:57 PM   #2
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Solution for CPU INT issue...

Interesting way to do it. I just hope it isnt the ONLY way, cause man. That would take ages to do for every team
Old 07-19-2007, 07:59 PM   #3
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10

That would be a pain to do.

Last edited by Hurricain; 07-19-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Interesting. I'm still messing w/ the sliders. However if you're a dynasty player can you edit your players in season? If so, this wouldn't be that pain staking. I don't throw a ton of picks, but the CPU does so you wouldn't have to change all the other teams.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:43 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

Play on hiesman, problem solved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2007, 11:19 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAFiles23
Play on hiesman, problem solved.
Word....
Old 07-19-2007, 11:32 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Actually I'm finding sliders do help. Need to test more.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:37 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 20

Yep..heisman is the way to go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »