Home

Why does EA have one big flaw each year?

This is a discussion on Why does EA have one big flaw each year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #17
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Why does EA have one big flaw each year?

I know the point of the posts, but I (as well as so many others, including mods who have to clean up) am sick and tired of the incessant complaining and bitching about it.

There's a difference between a thread listing BUGS AND GLITCHES (which, by the way, we do have) and making 71,284 threads about the same issue.

All it does is waste space and irritate people, just like the glitch itself. Use the thread provided, and I'm SURE that the developers of the game will check that thread out once Steve or someone shows it to them.

Some people are geniunely concerned about the issue. Yes, I am too, because I suck at football and still get 3, 4 picks a game. But others just complain just to complain, as if they have some sort of vendetta against EA or some personal problem with the developers themselves. And that's where the problem is, because it sure as hell isn't easy to develop a game year after year, especially with internet gamers breathing down your neck about everything.

Last edited by TheMatrix31; 08-04-2007 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:44 AM   #18
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I don't believe there is an "interception bug" this year. I truly believe it comes down to people not throwing good passes. I've not seen this interception bug except when I throw a stupid pass to be honest.

As for the AI throwing them, well maybe. I just personally feel that when the AI throws one it usually is because I called the correct defense to guard against it. But I'll simulate a few games AI vs AI to see if I see way to many INTs.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:04 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 17

So you will buy the game next year.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:04 AM   #20
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Rented this game yesteday. Went with Heel's sliders. First game I threw two picks which I fully accept as being my fault. The CPU threw 4. My second game the CPU threw 6 and I threw 4. While I feel I can get better and not throw so many I am not sure what can be done about the picks my dbs get. I'll fool around some more with the sliders but for now this game is a no buy for me. Other than the interception problem I do like this game. Having said that, if the interception problem can't be fixed it's a game killer for me.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:10 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 7

Reading is fundamental, people!!!

Anyways, I think many people don't care about the 'CPU throwing too many INTs' bug because they aren't the ones getting screwed when that happens. Only the people who want the most realistic experience possible are upset with it.

To the people that say it's not a problem, the average number of total interceptions per team last year in 1A was a little over 12. That means about an average of 1 per game. Obviously there would be games with 2-3, but also games with 0. Yes, zero. With the INT slider turned down to 0, I have yet to play one game without seeing a CPU thrown INT, and many of the teams I've used don't have great secondaries.

It is definitely a problem, and one I've not seen or heard of being fixed without screwing up other aspects of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 32

Staying on topic, programming a football game is really hard. We complain about db ai and they made it better but now the cpu throw too many ints. Let hope they can patch or a sliders miracle. I played a game with only one int but I play 5 minute quarters.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
I know the point of the posts, but I (as well as so many others, including mods who have to clean up) am sick and tired of the incessant complaining and bitching about it.
That's cool. I can see your point, but it was pretty obvious by the thread title that this was going to be bitching. I'm surprised you even put yourself through the aggravation by reading it. It's kind of like hating smoking but sitting in the smoking section and then complaining to the smokers about it :-)

Anyway, back on topic. I agree that programming a football game or any game for that matter is hard, but EA has had some weird issues over the years..."lefty bug" in MVP, "giveaway glitch" in Madden, "ball spotting bug" in NCAA Football for PSP. The propensity for the CPU throwing picks is not even close to those coaster-making errors of the past though. It just gets frustrating because the games are generally really good otherwise.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:36 PM   #24
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin26
I adjusted some sliders and now I see realistic results. Some games I may see more than a couple, but I notice that is usually when I play bad teams.
Same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »