Home

NCAA Football 08 Review (360)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 08 Review (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2007, 03:58 PM   #17
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 08 Review (360)

I do want to point out for anyone who wants to compare scores... if you want to compare my 8/10 to any APF scores, you'll want to keep in mind that I have not only not scored APF in a review... I haven't even played it. So, you'll need to find a different angle to take if you want to make it about EA vs VC.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 08-07-2007, 03:58 PM   #18
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Great review guys, extremely thorough and well thought out.
As for the INT issue, yea sometimes it gets to be way too many. But it isnt a game killer for me in that it hasnt ruined my experience with the game. And thats all that is important to me.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:23 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
I do want to point out for anyone who wants to compare scores... if you want to compare my 8/10 to any APF scores, you'll want to keep in mind that I have not only not scored APF in a review... I haven't even played it. So, you'll need to find a different angle to take if you want to make it about EA vs VC.
I am not turning this into EA vs VC argument but game play vs game modes. There is currently 3 threads on the first page about TO/int problems. I love the game modes but if the cpu qb keep throwing ints that basicly hurt everything else in the game.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:24 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy49er
Great review guys, extremely thorough and well thought out.
As for the INT issue, yea sometimes it gets to be way too many. But it isnt a game killer for me in that it hasnt ruined my experience with the game. And thats all that is important to me.

Fair enough but for some it is ruining the game. I am happy that this is the first review I read that mentioned this issues. Great review guys.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:28 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
I respect your opinion but I have the opposite viewpoint. The int issue was clearly mentionned in the review so it's not like they ignored it. To me, the total lack of offline depth in 2K8 is a bigger issue. I should point out that 1) I do enjoy APF and 2) my own own experience with the int issue in NCAA has not been as bad as some others have reported.

I made that post because it's clear that this will lead to a iteration 50256 of the eternal 2K VS EA debate and the same dead horses will be beaten yet again. I think your recent posts on both sides are an attempt to start that quick descent into a territory that is all too familiar.
I am glad that you know my intentions. I just know how game play moves at a snail pace in these games and how all companies use game modes to cover up the lack of improvement in game play.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #22
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Took me about an hour of off and on reading (blame adult add lol) but I finally got through it. Nice review guys.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 08-07-2007, 05:01 PM   #23
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Great review
Old 08-07-2007, 05:20 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I am glad that you know my intentions. I just know how game play moves at a snail pace in these games and how all companies use game modes to cover up the lack of improvement in game play.

Peace
Okay, sorry about that. It's quite conceivable that I misread your intentions, but I still believe the outcome is inevitable, regardless of whether you intended it or not. But the outcome was inevitable anyway, even if you hadn't posted what you did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »