Home

Favorite Current Generation NCAA Football Game?

This is a discussion on Favorite Current Generation NCAA Football Game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2007, 11:23 PM   #9
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Favorite Current Generation NCAA Football Game?

Charles Woodson cover, Chris Weinke cover - whichever years those were are my two favs.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:45 PM   #10
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

04 hands down. Not even a contest.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:38 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Charles Woodson cover, Chris Weinke cover - whichever years those were are my two favs.
Woodson '99 (1998 Season) for the PSone. That was the first one I got and still play it from time to time.
Weinke 2002 the first on the PS2. I can still remember the first time I played it compared to the PSone. What a improvement on graphics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2007, 03:03 AM   #12
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

You obviously mean last-gen.

Your mistake.

I loved 04.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 09-14-2007, 12:04 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think a lot of us hold 04 near and dear to our hearts because of the "old school" effect it had on us. It was the first NCAA game you could play online.

However, that doesn't mean it wasn't without it's flaws. In fact, some of the exact same things we've all complained about in other games since then were in fact present in 04. For example: AB blitz (which was even worse then), user jump catch, delayed bump and run, over effectiveness of nickel thunder green, etc... They just weren't as widely known then as they are now. Don't believe me? Go back and try them. They all work just as well, if not better on 04 as they do now.

Now I will say that the overall play of DB's and the defensive AI in general was probably the best ever on 04, but again, that's not without it's flaws. Cover 3 could be killed all day with a quick slant out, no defensive hot routes, you couldn't even stunt your defensive line.

I think we all hold 04 as the best more for nostalgia reasons than anything else.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:06 PM   #14
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

When it was originally out '04 was my favorite and extremely fun, but in hindsight it was a pretty average game.

Back then there were way too many money plays. Drags, posts and the counter run were all money plays, the cpu could never stop them. Scrambling QB's were absolutely unstoppable. I'd recruit 3-star scramblers instead of 5-star pocket passers and I'd have more success. Plus a big gripe was non-rotating schedules in dynasty mode. I played years and years with Penn State and never played Michigan once, blah.

Overall I'd say last year, '07, was my favorite version. I'm probably going to buy '08 this week because the 360 version still has a ways go to.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »