Home

Most Frustrating Aspect of NCAA 08

This is a discussion on Most Frustrating Aspect of NCAA 08 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2007, 08:36 PM   #57
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Most Frustrating Aspect of NCAA 08

I would have to say its the Atmosphere. Big games dont feel special, there is not energy in a late night close game. The presentation also hurts this imo, it just feels like im playing the same game every week. Playing with Florida, there it doesnt feel special playing LSU. I think madden is the same way, Monday night football and the playoffs just dont feel all that exciting.

Other iterations of NCAA have done this in the past, i remember NCAA 04 being really exciting when playing a big game. I can deal with the turnover faults, passing faults and all that **** but its the excitment that brings me back for more and NCAA and Madden Just dont have it...
Old 10-06-2007, 07:14 PM   #58
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Not to rain on your parade, but it's just a coincidence, dude. The last few games I played were with INTs and knockdowns at 100 for both sides (just messing around to see what would happen) and I didn't see anything crazy happen with INTs. I threw a couple and the CPU threw like 3 in 3 games. It's been my stance from the beginning that the bottom line is that neither slider does much of anything; the INT problem just is what it is.

Right again... dang you lol. All my replies I should just PM to you so you can answer them. It seems like you have all the answers and I mean that in a good way (no sarcasm). The settings didn't hold up, 4 games in I'm leading in INT's and the last game I played was against TCU and they threw 5 in the first half. This game has me at my wits end. I love playing the game for just that the game but the INT's are KILLING IT!!
Old 10-16-2007, 04:12 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
This isn't so much a frustration as it is an annoyance, but I'm really getting tired (in my 2nd season) of all of the terrible calls that the refs make in this game. I probably average at least 3 fumble calls reversed per game. I'm at the point now where I can usually tell that it'll be reversed. Most of the time, the guy is lying flat on his back when the pops loose and it's VERY obvious that he was down, but it's still ruled a fumble.

I wish the refs could see better and would stop making so many bad calls that needed to be reversed. I've also only seen called fumbles that are reversed and 1 catch on the sideline that was reversed to say he was out of bounds.
Your alma matter is MSU and you're a Michigan fan above them? Something is seriously wrong with that picture...
Old 10-16-2007, 04:39 PM   #60
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEE4THREE
Your alma matter is MSU and you're a Michigan fan above them? Something is seriously wrong with that picture...
Heh. That's what all of my friends say too. But I grew up my whole life as a UofM fan, but I grew up about 10 minutes from MSU's campus. Being so close to MSU made it an obvious choice to go there but I'm not going to give up on decades of being a UofM fan just because I went to MSU.

I always root for Michigan.
I always root for MSU unless they're playing Michigan
I always root for UNC unless they're playing MSU or UofM.

The best part was when I was a Junior. This was the year MSU won the basketball championship and I had season tickets in the student section. I rooted for MSU every game, but that year UofM played at MSU. I was the only person in the Green and White covered student section wearing maize and blue. It was awesome. Luckily for me, Michigan stunk that year and MSU beat them easily so I didn't get lynched or anything. All I got was a lot of victorious yells and dirty looks.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-24-2007, 05:40 AM   #61
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Most frustrating aspects of NCAA 08?

1. The passing game.

Precision passing is a joke; ball trajectory
The ball trajectory is the biggest problem I have with this game. I had a perfect play called in a game yesterday. I tried to hit my tight end on a medium crossing route. He was well behind the linebackers and underneath the safety. I trailed by 4 points with 50 seconds left in the game at the time. A completion would have put me inside the 10 yard line. I tapped the button to try to loft the ball. Instead, it went on a rope right into the linebackers hands, who returned it for a touchdown! Even the most average college quarterback would have been able to complete that pass... the TE was wide open.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »